Search found 126 matches

by garysted
12 Apr 2009, 15:01
Forum: General Projects
Topic: AMC flights and Ramstein.
Replies: 10
Views: 831

AMC flights and Ramstein.

Hi all, I've been working through all the old PAI C-17 packs to rewrite the C-17 flightplans, with a view to making them far more realistic. I've also combined this with a view to putting more traffic through Ramstein as nowadays there's such a volume of 'heavies' going through there. The added avai...
by garysted
11 Apr 2009, 11:51
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Vanishing on overshoots.
Replies: 8
Views: 402

Thanks again for the input guys. Just to add some more background info. It happens at any airport/airfield where the aircraft is on it's third approach. I'm running a mixture of civil WOAI packs, MAIW packs (many with modified or rewritten flightplans) and AI put together from downloads at AVSIM and...
by garysted
11 Apr 2009, 10:32

Hi Ford, Thanks for the post but it's not that. It's a a 100% constant pattern that occurs even if there is many parking spots available for correct type, size...etc. If a AI aircraft is forced to make a unplanned overshoot twice due to traffic not clearing on the runway in time, then the third appr...
by garysted
11 Apr 2009, 09:50

Vanishing on overshoots.

Hi all, Just a quick query. Is is possible within FS to alter the settings where if a AI aircraft is forced due to traffic to overshoot twice, on the third approach it blinks out as reachs the threshold, even if it had a clear runway and would have landed on the third approach? Some of the airfields...
by garysted
05 Apr 2009, 20:45
Topic: AFCAD parking radius
Replies: 3
Views: 170

Steve,

Exactly what was happening! I'd never even noticed that the scales were in different measurements. That's two time consuming problems that this forum has solved for me in a matter of minutes once I'd posted - many thanks.

Gary
by garysted
05 Apr 2009, 18:36
Topic: AFCAD parking radius
Replies: 3
Views: 170

AFCAD parking radius

Hi all, Something that has been confusing me this week while revamping my AI set up has been how some AI aircraft will not appear or park at their correctly assigned parking slots - even if the radius is more than large enough for what AFCAD says is their aircraft radius. An example would be the Agg...
by garysted
02 Apr 2009, 21:56
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: RAF Typhoon repaints.
Replies: 0
Views: 256

RAF Typhoon repaints.

Hi again, As my previous post sorted out the problem I was having with repaints I've again updated the RAF Typhoon fleet at Coningsby. If anybody wants to update their Coningsby fleet I'll offer them out - just PM me and I'll be intouch. There's all 13 airframes that have carried 11 Sqn markings, pl...
by garysted
28 Mar 2009, 21:38
Topic: Repaint problem
Replies: 6
Views: 385

Steve/Horst/Mark, Thank you very much for the prompt replies - it's fixed! I don't know what mipmaps means, but I can see that the box on the right hand side of the DXTbmp menu was ticked, so after opening the 1.33MB files and saving again without that box ticked the file sizes went back to 1.00MB a...
by garysted
28 Mar 2009, 20:23
Topic: Repaint problem
Views: 385

Repaint problem

Hi all, It's been a while since I've posted so I apologise in advance if this has been covered by somebody else but I'm just wondering if anybody with far more experience than me in this area can help. With Nick's permission, some time ago I decided to update the RAF Typhoon's from the Coningsby pac...
by garysted
09 Dec 2008, 23:17
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: "Strange"
Views: 395

Hi, The story of the loss of Capt (some accounts say Major) Schaffner is something I have had some personal involvement with, although it was a few years ago. It's a incident that has interested me for years, along with other accounts of UFO intercepts, in particular when the encounter has been dead...
by garysted
17 Oct 2008, 23:19
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: My latest creation.
Replies: 11
Views: 695

I believe that scheme was first introduced by the South Carolina ANG AH-64A unit during a Iraqi deployment back in 2004 and is styled on USMC AH-1W's. I'd read somewhere it didn't meet with approval at higher level so I assumed it had fallen into disuse but if this pic was taken in 2007 then that mi...
by garysted
25 Sep 2008, 21:37
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: NBAI AH64 Apache
Replies: 68
Views: 6332

Quite a Suffolk community developing here!! :D Indeed there is, good to see Gary here too! :D Yup, I'm about, lurking in the background! I can add a couple to the nostalgia trip from the good old days, although from the other side of the fence. Scans from 20 year old prints I'm afraid. http://i21.p...
by garysted
22 Aug 2008, 22:03
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Light blocks on FS9 scenery.
Replies: 4
Views: 292

Thanks for that Steve, I never did thank you for your answer about the Harpoon's on the new AI Orion (it did work). I do have a NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS which was fitted about a year ago, on a three year old system - it may have started at the same time, not sure. About the FS9.cfg, I've made a copy....
by garysted
22 Aug 2008, 21:28
Topic: Light blocks on FS9 scenery.
Replies: 4
Views: 292

Light blocks on FS9 scenery.

Hi all, Yet again I'm afraid I'me looking for some help, please! This problem has bugged me for a long time know and I'm not sure when it started. Basically, as soon as the subject aircraft is off the ground the terrain around the subject (either flying or AI, the same happens to both) colours a sha...
by garysted
18 Aug 2008, 22:42
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Florida Orions package by MAIW
Replies: 25
Views: 2870

Hi, Many thanks for this package, it looks good. A quick query, and sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. I noticed the Hawiian P-3's have a Harpoon variant as a model option, but not the Florida one's. Are they compatible if I was to copy across the Harpoon model folder and edited the aircra...
by garysted
13 Aug 2008, 17:27
Topic: Problem with Warton AFCAD
Views: 451

Steve,

Thanks for all your help, and, as you say, that's probably the best it's going to be. It's always handy to find out these little bits of info, like the burner query. Sorry for all the duplicate posts as well, first posts wouldn't show up until I posted a second for some reason.

Gary
by garysted
11 Aug 2008, 22:06

Hi again, I carried out all the corrections listed above (many thanks anyway) without any change in behaviour but then tried a experiment. If the aircraft are consistently doing a 180 at a certain point short of the runway threshold then what would happen if I extended the runway link out, well past...
by garysted
11 Aug 2008, 22:04

Hi again, I carried out all the corrections listed above (many thanks anyway) without any change in behaviour but then tried a experiment. If the aircraft are consistently doing a 180 at a certain point short of the runway threshold then what would happen if I extended the runway link out, well past...
by garysted
10 Aug 2008, 11:13

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:22 am Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi again, Thanks for the thoughts. I've attached another pic showing the track of the taxying aircraft with a red line, as well as the AFCAD if anybody fancy's a look. I di...
by garysted
10 Aug 2008, 10:22

Hi again, Thanks for the thoughts. I've attached another pic showing the track of the taxying aircraft with a red line, as well as the AFCAD if anybody fancy's a look. I did try putting in a taxi link down the runway already, but then they just turned left at the intersection and launched short from...