The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 68 matches

by david.harwood
10 Feb 2017, 16:30
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Bombers
Replies: 19
Views: 2119

Re: Bombers

John, I completely understand and only hope to find the time to learn how to model myself so I can spend some time creating such items. I have found that adding some older FS9 models into FSX using the TacPac module can be quite good fun for the time being. In some cases I have been able to add them...
by david.harwood
10 Feb 2017, 14:35
Forum: Martin's Owl Corner
Topic: Most wanted AI poll
Replies: 115
Views: 19041

Re: Most wanted AI poll

I'd love to see some prototype aircraft such as the Vulcan, Victor and Valiant in there original prototype designs. A Kestrel would also be good. i can see the difficulty though as generally most prototypes were quickly altered and the documentation and images might not be available.
by david.harwood
10 Feb 2017, 13:17
Topic: Bombers
Views: 2119

Re: Bombers

As a massive fan of the V Bombers I'd love a Vickers Valiant! I already had a play with the AI Traffic around the UK to have Vulcans and Victors all over the place. Not quite realistic I know but what the hell, they look great. I too wish I had the time and talent to model the way I see things being...
by david.harwood
11 Jan 2017, 22:05
Forum: General Projects
Topic: RAF Lakenheath for FSX/P3D
Replies: 189
Views: 26153

Re: RAF Lakenheath for FSX/P3D

Ian, many many thanks for this amazing scenery. The old version worked really well but this is just beyond anything else and even on my slow stuttery system I can enjoy your superb scenery in all its glory. Might just park a helo of some type in the spectators car park and just sit back and watch al...
by david.harwood
24 Aug 2016, 10:35
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Skysim Bae Hawk
Replies: 9
Views: 701

Re: Skysim Bae Hawk

As with btaylo24 I bought the JF Hawk day one. Finally got in the air a couple of days ago but the air file makes it impossible to fly for any time without losing patience with constantly trying to trim the thing out. Tried to land which I achieved although it wasn't pretty. Hopped into my Skysim Ha...
by david.harwood
05 Aug 2016, 10:44
Topic: RAF Lakenheath for FSX/P3D
Replies: 189
Views: 26153

Re: RAF Lakenheath for FSX/P3D

Would love a Mildenhall to match the Twin Bases package from back in the day. Still great to have two bases next to each other although I would hope and frame-rate issues would be as minimal as with the Twin Bases package. Would be nice if Mildenhall was a tad retro with some SR-71's buzzing around.
by david.harwood
30 Jul 2016, 07:55
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Saitek X52 Pro Twitching Rudder
Replies: 0
Views: 440

Saitek X52 Pro Twitching Rudder

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has got the Saitek X52 Pro joystick/throttle system on their flight sim? I was using the Saitek X52 for a few years until the throttle housing started to crack so I upgraded to the Pro. Had it about 4 months and now the rudder control has totally gone and just sits there...
by david.harwood
31 May 2016, 08:24
Forum: Military Aviation Photography
Topic: Bruntingthorpe Cold War Jets Day May 2016
Replies: 0
Views: 525

Bruntingthorpe Cold War Jets Day May 2016

Just though I'd post a couple of short videos from the Cold War Jets Day at Bruntingthorpe, May 2016. I know we all love the new military aircraft about but deep down inside we love the old stuff even better. I hope the videos are accessible for you to view via the links below. https://www.facebook....
by david.harwood
16 May 2016, 05:57
Topic: LN Eagles
Replies: 6
Views: 931

Re: LN Eagles

Mark,

Looks stunning. I'm using the default scenery in FSX which I'm happy with as I'm more interested in flying and spotting magnificent AI but what scenery is that?
by david.harwood
10 May 2016, 18:38
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: AI F-84F-50-RE Thunderstreak & F-101C-45-MC Voodoo
Replies: 3
Views: 318

Re: AI F-84F-50-RE Thunderstreak & F-101C-45-MC Voodoo

Thanks guys, downloaded and time to see what I can do. Many Thanks.
by david.harwood
10 May 2016, 16:06
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: AI F-84F-50-RE Thunderstreak & F-101C-45-MC Voodoo
Replies: 3
Views: 318

AI F-84F-50-RE Thunderstreak & F-101C-45-MC Voodoo

Does any know of any AI F-84F-50-RE Thunderstreak & F-101C-45-MC Voodoo models available. I've looked through the available files on the MAIW site and note some F-105s and F-86 but nothing else. Would like to create a 50's retro flightplan for ACG's Twin Bases scenery rather than the A-10's and ...
by david.harwood
12 Apr 2016, 20:04
Topic: NAS Alameda & The Big E
Replies: 30
Views: 2464

Re: NAS Alameda & The Big E

Can't wait for this one! At the moment I get the basic FSX scenery with a few F-8's flying in and out!
by david.harwood
20 Mar 2016, 18:19
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Upgrading from Windows 7 to Window 10 and the impact to FS9
Replies: 25
Views: 1917

Re: Upgrading from Windows 7 to Window 10 and the impact to FS9

Do I even consider upgrading to Windows 10 as I using FSX!!!! Its taken me months of tweaking to get a nice stable platform for FSX using Windows 8 and now 8.1. I've disable the automatic update reminder as I feel Windows 10 might kill FSX or at best make it as jumpy and crashy as without the tweaki...
by david.harwood
29 Feb 2016, 20:06
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: MAIW and P3d V3
Views: 2237

Re: MAIW and P3d V3

Looks like I need to update the old dog of a laptop, install a fresh FSX and then think about P3D. Thank goodness I got a nice redundancy payout this month although the other half might not be too happy with a few hundred quid being spent on a flight sim appropriate PC!!!!!!
by david.harwood
29 Feb 2016, 20:04
Topic: Surprise find
Replies: 1
Views: 314

Re: Surprise find

Wow Bosshog, that brings back memories!!! Unfortunately not the aircraft in the images but in 1993 I visited Seattle from the UK to see a girlfriend at the time who's father was on sabbatical in Seattle for a year. She was living in a rented house on Mercer Island and we visited Snohomish falls just...
by david.harwood
29 Feb 2016, 15:58

If I were looking for a PC/Laptop to be solely dedicated to a flight sim such as FSX or P3D, can anyone give me an idea of what I should be asking for and the best advice on where to buy or get built. Obviously PC World will not be my first choice as they were the ones that told me this laptop was p...
by david.harwood
29 Feb 2016, 13:12

Hi, Not sure if this is the right place but I'm thinking of moving over to P3D possibly and was looking for some advice from the MAIW guru's! I currently run FSX, quite stable, on my laptop with the following specs (sorry if not the best formatting but never copied and pasted comp specs before); Pro...
by david.harwood
24 Feb 2016, 18:36
Topic: a Legend has passed
Replies: 5
Views: 591

Re: a Legend has passed

An almighty pilot and inspiration to generations of aviators. A man I would have loved to spend a warm sunny afternoon in a country pub garden with, hearing all of the amazing aircraft and adventures he would have had. A great loss and hopefully he'll be looking down at all those trainee pilots as t...
by david.harwood
18 Feb 2016, 22:33
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Propellor transparency of B29
Replies: 5
Views: 602

Re: Propellor transparency of B29

Piet, I installed the Rattlesnake Army Airfield into FSX yesterday and added all the specified AI from the FSX packages John has created and have no issues with the props being shown correctly. All works well for me so just double check you've got the correct B-29 package installed. Martin, The pack...
by david.harwood
08 Feb 2016, 07:33
Topic: fsx
Replies: 2
Views: 496

Re: fsx

Hi echo, I'm running FSX and have installed all the MAIW packages into it with only a couple of issues. There is a very good, but slightly long, guide on how to add to FSX. Its worth taking your time and following it as it allows full integration of the MAIW packages into FSX. I have a few trees her...