Search found 66 matches

by JohnStinstrom
25 Aug 2013, 01:47
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Polish Air Force MiG-29 Package Support Thread
Replies: 44
Views: 4470

Re: Polish Air Force MiG-29 package by Miljan Korac & Nick Black

Hi guys, I went back to flying this weekend and finally had a chance to check out the great central European packages. At Minsk (EPMM) I think I'm missing a roof texture. Does anyone know the name so I can check if it's somewhere else?
by JohnStinstrom
11 Aug 2013, 03:13
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Johns KMIB Minot
Replies: 24
Views: 587

Re: Johns KMIB Minot

Thanks Chris I'll upload an updated version tonight.
by JohnStinstrom
10 Aug 2013, 19:44

Understood Chris, just trying to make it workable for the moment and localize the problem. Upon further inspection it seems I also made a dirt road on the North side of the base. The textures for this were NOT included in the upload and are posted here. Please advise if this works so I can upload a ...
by JohnStinstrom
10 Aug 2013, 17:23

Steve, if the issue is the VTPL file then you might just want to leave it out. The only thing that file does is restore the roadway on the west side of the field that was overlaid by the photo-background. The textures for that are "Dark_Road.bmp" and "Dark_Road_L.bmp" both of whi...
by JohnStinstrom
15 Jun 2013, 18:58
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: GMAX scenery help request
Replies: 5
Views: 322

Re: GMAX scenery help request

Derek I had to remove my GMAX some time ago as I could not get it to compile properly. Can you post the actual model file or put it in my folder on the FTP or email it to me directly (john.stinstrom2013@verizon.net) ?
by JohnStinstrom
15 Jun 2013, 00:38
Topic: GMAX scenery help request
Views: 322

GMAX scenery help request

Attention GMAX artists!!! I need to ask your help on something that's been driving me crazy for years. Currently the only way I can place scenery effects is to hand-write XML code into an effects file and then compile it - making tedious adjustments to each effect over and over to get them properly ...
by JohnStinstrom
29 May 2013, 00:11
Topic: Italian Military AI
Views: 330

Italian Military AI

Just thought I'd share another site doing Military AI work. This is 'Team Phoenix' and they specialize in Italian Military AI. They contacted me with a few questions about my recent release of Aviano and although they are just starting out they have some nice packages available on their website for ...
by JohnStinstrom
18 May 2013, 03:07
Topic: 158th Fighter Wing Support Thread
Replies: 11
Views: 1058

Re: 158th Fighter Wing Support Thread

Joseph29 I have a question about the parking. Where would C-130's park? Would they park with the F-16's or at the other ANG parking area? I have 2 C-130's going to KBTV and they are always parking in the cargo area with FedEx. Joseph there are parking issues at Burlington. As Mike stated there actu...
by JohnStinstrom
08 Nov 2012, 04:38
Topic: Copyright's violation?
Replies: 3
Views: 378

Re: Copyright's violation?

Thanks guys, I appreciate the heads-up. I have have contacted the webmaster at AvSim.
by JohnStinstrom
31 Aug 2012, 06:54
Topic: US Navy Airliners Part 2 Support Thread
Replies: 66
Views: 3566

Re: US Navy Airliners Part 2 Support Thread

Hmmm, not sure what to tell you now. The only custom textures I used were for a river texture on the east side of the base and an asphalt texture for a couple of parking lots. Here are copies of the files direct from my own system which shows them fine. All the other textures used for the VTPP file ...
by JohnStinstrom
29 Aug 2012, 17:54

Ardethomas, the most likely reason for your lockup from a scenery point of view would seem to be a missing or misplaced texture file. The *_VTPP.bgl files define the ground poly textures (some default, some custom) for the scenery area. However you have all the the files used for the scenery and I'm...
by JohnStinstrom
27 Aug 2012, 03:31

Very sorry ardethomas , I was having browser trouble and could not get on to see the thread. Here are all the textures I used for Jacksonville. It does look from the earlier posts that you may be missing the 'river' texture to the west side of the base. Load all of these textures into your FS9/Scene...
by JohnStinstrom
24 Aug 2012, 08:15

Just installed the scenery and on runway 14\32 there is patches of grass bleeding through the runway (near the of of 14). And why don't the aircraft cast shadows option work right at this scenery? I have the option on but only some of the aircraft has shadows while other don't. (I am using FS9) [/c...
by JohnStinstrom
18 Aug 2012, 22:38
Topic: 157th Air Refueling Wing support thread
Replies: 22
Views: 1950

Re: 157th Air Refueling Wing support thread

In FS9 the AI aircraft radius built into the aircraft model can be adjusted using AFCAD or several other tools, but FSX doesn't use that model parameter to control parking and uses wingspan in the aircraft.cfg file instead. Unfortunately if you change the wingspan in the aircraft.cfg file of an AI ...
by JohnStinstrom
18 Aug 2012, 05:37
Topic: 157th Air Refueling Wing support thread
Replies: 22
Views: 1950

Re: 157th Air Refueling Wing support thread

I may be missing the mark but can't the wingspan be adjusted quite easily with AFCAD or several other tools? Personally I have adjusted several aircraft to help restrict their parking to preferred spots.
by JohnStinstrom
16 Aug 2012, 18:36
Topic: Pope AAF Support Thread
Replies: 17
Views: 1068

Re: Pope AAF Support Thread

Some users may find white untextured squares on the aprons. If this occurs, remove the file "flood location.bgl" from the X:FS9\Addon Scenery\Pope scenery folder. This file was used for aligning the light effects and was included in the release by accident.
by JohnStinstrom
17 Feb 2012, 04:57
Topic: CFB Greenwood package by John Stinstrom and Desmond Burrell
Replies: 14
Views: 1142

Re: CFB Greenwood package by John Stinstrom and Desmond Burrell

Sorry guys, I thought the tanker-in-the-wall fix had been posted. Just overwrite your existing file with this one.
by JohnStinstrom
17 Aug 2011, 01:56
Topic: Hill Air Force Base Support Thread
Replies: 55
Views: 5893

Re: Hill AFB package by MAIW

Those are supposed to be trees :( They use a library from Gerrish Gray that can be found on Avsim.com under the name of "trees_v3.zip". I have discontinued the use of this library and it was included in the Hill scenery by mistake. If you have trouble retreiving the library I have download...
by JohnStinstrom
09 Aug 2011, 02:51
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: A sad day for flightsim
Views: 409

Re: A sad day for flightsim

It is indeed, David will be missed! I was exchanging emails with David a few days before and received this reply from his daughter Mary: "Hi John- I am David's daughter Mary. It is with heavy heart to let you know that daddy had a heart attack on the way home from visiting me in Colorado. . . ....
by JohnStinstrom
10 Nov 2009, 04:01
Forum: General Projects
Topic: NAS Oceana
Replies: 190
Views: 17390

Re: NAS Oceana

Absolutely crisp Hawk, that's going to be a wowser!