Search found 50 matches

by mage
15 Feb 2021, 07:59
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: paint request for John's ai Gazelle!
Replies: 7
Views: 671

Re: paint request for John's ai Gazelle!

There was only 1 VIP Gazelle at Northolt. It's not worth painting and making the helicopter overlay just for that 1 example. I've already created an FS9 overlay for Northolt as part of a large series of UK overlays I'm presently engaged in, aligned in my case to a rather old UK2000 scenery for the ...
by mage
10 Feb 2021, 23:07
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Agusta A109's
Replies: 123
Views: 12298

Re: Agusta A109's

Hi Lucas - If you want to "remove" the gray military aerials on the aircraft you will need to make the part of the alpha channel that maps onto those aerials completely black (not just close to black, each RGB value must be 255). If any part of the alpha channel is pure black then it will ...
by mage
06 Feb 2021, 07:31
Forum: MAIW Matrix Support
Topic: Project abandoned (for now)
Replies: 14
Views: 3941

Re: Project abandoned (for now)

I'm not a Matrix user, just an old hand using manual installations for everything. I had a spell many years ago where everything in life seemed to be falling apart, or about to. The hobbies were definitely not what was holding life together, and they had to be the first to get sidelined. Just put on...
by mage
28 Jan 2021, 17:46
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Making heli AFD overlay
Replies: 34
Views: 2380

Re: Making heli AFD overlay

I remember him talking about Innsbruck when explaing how to make approaches to avoid terrain - fortunately, that expertise is still all available in the archives at FDev. For AI (at least in FS9) to make an angled approach it boils down to creating just one approach leg, by setting an Initial Fix w...
by mage
27 Jan 2021, 12:58
Topic: Waypoint - need help
Replies: 4
Views: 548

Re: Waypoint - need help

Related to this question, presumably the same applies for routing AI through a series of waypoints, using cruise speed from the aircraft to determine the timing of legs? I was considering mapping out the London helicopter routes via an array of waypoints and flightplanning a few helicopters to use t...
by mage
27 Jan 2021, 11:34

OK I think the general consensus is that they need to be at the same height... Sorry for thread-bombing here (3 replies in succession) but the same height thing is vital, at least in FS9 (my only sim). In a post just made I was talking about adding AI to FlyTampa's Saba airport, which was perched a...
by mage
27 Jan 2021, 11:16

Another thought on this. As you said, the AI engine works just fine with no radio at all. So the phenomenon is possibly just being highlighted by the radio aspect. What is more likely at work (and which is what I mean by "coverage") is that an AI aircraft is taxying off a runway at one air...
by mage
27 Jan 2021, 10:55

The worst aspect was "radio interference"... Sorry for extracting just one paragraph, but I'm fascinated by this. Manschy referred to it in his description of his problems with Bruggen. I have never come across this problem. Partly because I don't use separate frequencies for a helo AFCAD...
by mage
25 Jan 2021, 11:21
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Agusta A109's
Replies: 123
Views: 12298

Re: Agusta A109's

...here in Brazil it does not have aw109 military use, only the executive who is the biggest user of this model, I do traffic tinctures... will be for personal use... There is the possible option of using an alpha channel in the textures to hide external equipment such as aerials, winches, steps an...
by mage
25 Jan 2021, 10:42

I read this with interest since I just created an overlay for Aberdeen (in the library but only for FS9 since it's the only sim I use and test things in). I'd concur with everything here, runways 300ft etc, which I confirmed independently via trial and error, but would add some observations from my ...