Search found 1322 matches

by TimC340
18 Jun 2019, 07:12
Forum: MAIW Matrix Support
Topic: Sinking AI at RJOI
Replies: 26
Views: 1196

Re: Sinking AI at RJOI

Just to add, with an up-to-date Orbx installation, you are encouraged by their FTX Central installation app to run its elevation correction routine whenever new, non-Orbx airfields are added to the sim. In my case, I don’t think I’ve done that since Matrix was last updated, but it can have the effec...
by TimC340
18 Jun 2019, 06:57

Steve, I think you’ve misunderstood me. With the RJOI afcad at the Matrix default of 7ft, in my installation all aircraft sink, and that’s with Greg’s ALT file installed. Altering the afcad to 10ft elevation eliminates that problem. Reinstalling the airfield, either individually or by a full Matrix ...
by TimC340
17 Jun 2019, 23:13

Hi Steve. I've just read your post, but in the meantime I'd altered the AFCAD in ADE to match the expected elevation of 10'. That worked. I suspect that Orbx Global Vector has slightly altered the elevation from vanilla P3D, which is why Greg's ALT file didn't work in my installation. The only sligh...
by TimC340
17 Jun 2019, 20:31

Hi Greg. Yes, it's there - dated 21/07/2018. I've adjusted the AFCAD, but as far as I know I can't access the CVX file to adjust the airport background (or there's a technique to that I haven't learned!).
by TimC340
17 Jun 2019, 18:54

Sinking AI at RJOI

I don't know if this has been flagged up before, but I dropped into RJOI to have a look at what was going on, and noticed that the landing aircraft were sinking into the surface, while the spawned aircraft were at the correct level. I'm pretty sure this is an error in the altitude in the AFCAD, whic...
by TimC340
11 Jun 2019, 02:38
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...
Replies: 408
Views: 39269

Re: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...

Azure, at its simplest level, seems to be a way of hosting developer-created AI routines and content which, as Greg says, reduces the load on the client PC and allows the AI developer to retain control of their product. If third-party developers are allowed - and I’d suggest it would be impossible t...
by TimC340
10 Jun 2019, 12:38

Jive1 wrote: 10 Jun 2019, 08:55 Hey!
You must see the video that MS made, and it will give you a better ideaof what the new FS will be….
Go to

Greetz
Jive1 - Belgium

This video is P3Dv4.4. It is NOT anything to do with the new MSFS, which will not be released till next year (2020).
by TimC340
10 Jun 2019, 07:55

I suspect you’re right, Steve. But I think we have enough to keep us occupied with P3D for now, so we can watch this new MSFS from a neutral viewpoint until its structure and future becomes clear. I doubt there’s anyone left at MS who was involved with ACES and FS9/FSX, so the community aspect that ...
by TimC340
10 Jun 2019, 06:52

Well as its for Xbox I am not hopeful. Not so. It will be for both X-Box and PC. Whether it will be open-source is yet to be announced. I assume it will be an ‘X-Box Play Anywhere’ title, which means it will run on both. X-Box is only a tied-down PC inside anyway, so most of its games are PC-compat...
by TimC340
09 Jun 2019, 21:12

A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...

Yes, for real. Announced at E3 today, 9 June 2019.

by TimC340
01 Jun 2019, 13:03
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Does anyone want a JYAI repaint?
Replies: 84
Views: 4903

Re: Does anyone want a JYAI repaint?

I suspect it's beyond my limited expertise! It might be easier to make a new model, but that's something I've never - yet - tried...
by TimC340
01 Jun 2019, 08:57

Entirely understood, John. It was a fun exercise for me, and I may take it further and see if I can work out how to map paint to the model while I’m on one of my layovers in the US. I did check to see if Orbx had worked it out as they use your model in their FTX traffic package, but sadly not. If I ...
by TimC340
31 May 2019, 18:41

I’m using Affinity Designer on a Mac, but I think it’s not as good for this sort of stuff as it is for many other things. I think I may try Paint.Net. Affinity Designer is a vector programme, the equivalent of Adobe Illustrator and not really suited for this. Affinity Photo is the equivalent of Ado...
by TimC340
31 May 2019, 06:48
Forum: General Projects
Topic: RAF Brüggen FSX/P3D - Coming, but NOT soon....
Replies: 114
Views: 12620

Re: RAF Brüggen FSX/P3D - Coming, but NOT soon....

Manschy wrote: 30 May 2019, 17:37 For sure - my aircraft recognition is fantastic. BTW: Great shot of a C-5 Galaxy in your signature....
Haha! No, that’s the Millenium Falcon! 😂
by TimC340
31 May 2019, 06:44

Interesting topic, as I’m taking my first steps in repainting just now (attempting to repaint John’s Tiger Moth for use on my own construction of RAF Clyffe Pypard). I’m using Affinity Designer on a Mac, but I think it’s not as good for this sort of stuff as it is for many other things. I think I ma...
by TimC340
30 May 2019, 14:32
Forum: General Projects
Topic: RAF Brüggen FSX/P3D - Coming, but NOT soon....
Replies: 114
Views: 12620

Re: RAF Brüggen FSX/P3D - Coming, but NOT soon....

Manschy wrote: 28 May 2019, 08:16 Thank you both. Yap, the Cobra is a wonderful car to explore sceneries....
I hope your aircraft recognition is better than your car recognition - it’s a Dodge Viper, not a Cobra! 😉
by TimC340
09 May 2019, 22:38
Forum: JYAI
Topic: JYAI C-130J Specials
Replies: 714
Views: 73081

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

John the only other ones that would need an addition model could be the RAF ones with the refueling probe Gary In my effort to reproduce the RAF of the 1980s/90s, I’d love to see the C1P/C3P variant. I’d also love to see the C1K tanker with Orange Crop pods etc, but with there having been only 6 su...
by TimC340
09 May 2019, 09:16
Topic: JYAI C-130J Specials
Replies: 714
Views: 73081

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

John the only other ones that would need an addition model could be the RAF ones with the refueling probe Gary In my effort to reproduce the RAF of the 1980s/90s, I’d love to see the C1P/C3P variant. I’d also love to see the C1K tanker with Orange Crop pods etc, but with there having been only 6 su...
by TimC340
24 Apr 2019, 22:14
Topic: JY Hunter single-seat FSX model
Replies: 20
Views: 2061

Re: JY Hunter single-seat FSX model

Nothing wrong with the JY Hunter canopy. Sometimes animations are just not shown correctly in the model viewers in MCX and AI-Aircraft Editor.NET. You should always check in the sim before claiming there is a problem. Henk. Cheers, Henk - good to know. I’ll take care not to have such a hair-trigger...
by TimC340
24 Apr 2019, 22:12
Topic: JY Hunter single-seat FSX model
Replies: 20
Views: 2061

Re: JY Hunter single-seat FSX model

Yes, gotcha Steve. I do think I need a vanilla installation of P3D to check stuff like this. When v5 comes out I’ll bite the bullet and buy (yet) another copy so I can do just that. I do have v3 on another computer, but of course that’s not great for checking v4 compatibility. Of course, I could sto...