Search found 500 matches

by col1948
04 Apr 2018, 08:09
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Another help if possible please.
Replies: 9
Views: 566

Another help if possible please.

With reference to my other recent thread/post, I have been busy converting my FSX to the 50's - 60's era using the classic aircraft. Now when I was using FS9 I made a few fictional water afcads to use my AI seaplanes, well I tried the afcads in FSX and they didn't work. I can get the aircraft to sho...
by col1948
04 Apr 2018, 07:34
Topic: Need a little help please.
Views: 502

Re: Need a little help please.

Hi Steve it is a flyable FSX model, I got it here:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads ... whirlwind/

Col.
by col1948
03 Apr 2018, 20:44

Re: Need a little help please.

Hi Steve long time no chat mate. Yes I've converted a few flyable ones in the past, I know to add an extra engine as you say, I've copied various cfg's from other ai helicopters, including ordinary aircraft, tried changing the weights, engine type but no joy. Like I say I have others I've done and t...
by col1948
03 Apr 2018, 19:50

Need a little help please.

To put you in the picture, I recently changed my FSX to a different era, I've now got it in the 50's - 60's. So I have been busy populating it with aircraft from those years, added lots of AI and got them flying etc. I also started to add some military aircraft, plus a few helicopters. I had some st...
by col1948
22 Mar 2017, 10:49
Forum: General Projects
Topic: DOL Kliniska
Replies: 18
Views: 2545

Re: DOL Kliniska

A fella who lives up the road from me did a highway strip but he got arrested.
Sorry couldn't resist lol.
by col1948
09 Mar 2017, 12:12
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Bulgarian Navy Mi-14
Replies: 3
Views: 554

Bulgarian Navy Mi-14

I had a go at doing the Bulgarian Navy Mi-14 based at Varna-Chaika AB.
by col1948
09 Mar 2017, 10:01
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: AI Aircraft Disappearing at Departure time
Replies: 14
Views: 1489

Re: AI Aircraft Disappearing at Departure time

Came back to add, another guy had this problem and it was a 'Re-Installed scenery not activated properly' again just another thought.
by col1948
09 Mar 2017, 09:47

Hi Sean, Is this problem at just one airport or at others? I found a thread on another site where a guy was having the same problem and this was a reply, but he never came back to say if it was the answer, I'm guessing it might have been, this is the advice he got, not sure if it helps or not: "...
by col1948
08 Mar 2017, 23:22
Topic: Russian Mi-14 repaint
Replies: 0
Views: 329

Russian Mi-14 repaint

I had a go ant doing another one, the model isn't right I don't think but still, the picture I copied it off said it was a B14 prototype but all I had was this lol.
by col1948
08 Mar 2017, 13:32

Sean, Ypu don't happen to have Ultimate Traffic 2 by any chance, I saw something a while ago and it was related to that, just a thought mate?
by col1948
08 Mar 2017, 13:08
Topic: Polish Mi-14 PS SAR
Replies: 4
Views: 548

Polish Mi-14 PS SAR

What do you think, it is an AI type helicopter, it took me a while to do but not bad.
by col1948
07 Mar 2017, 09:21
Topic: How to remove static aircraft
Replies: 15
Views: 1013

Re: How to remove static aircraft

I've had this on a few sceneries where it is not specified where the statics are in the file, this is one of my pet hates.
It's a shame because the scenery designer may have worked hard and in a lot of cases the scenery is good but the statics for me personally spoil it.
by col1948
26 Feb 2017, 11:05
Topic: Best altitude to fly?
Replies: 10
Views: 609

Re: Best altitude to fly?

On the subject of speeds: I picked this one out at random but if you were to set a speed for this aircraft what would you set it as?

[REFERENCE SPEEDS]
FLAPS_UP_STALL_SPEED= 190.000
FULL_FLAPS_STALL_SPEED= 110.000
CRUISE_SPEED= 520.000
MAX_INDICATED_SPEED=375.000000
MAX_MACH=0.879980
by col1948
26 Feb 2017, 11:01

@swp53, Yes I did a test not long ago with some helicopters and set the flight plan altitude low, I had them fly in a mountainous area and ATC directed them higher to avoid them.
I posted on here about it, I had the plan as IFR, but if I set it to VFR they flew in to the mountains.
by col1948
26 Feb 2017, 09:38

Thank you all again, it would be nice to have a little table to work off when doing ai plans, I may have to put one together it will help me and a few others too I think.
by col1948
25 Feb 2017, 21:40
Topic: Is it possible to get ai to breakdown?
Replies: 1
Views: 287

Is it possible to get ai to breakdown?

I did a search but the only answers I got seemed to be for flyable aircraft, I read there is a program where you can set a random breakdown but it can happen between certain times. I thought of adding certain lines in the cfg but no use if the program doesn't read and understand them, but if it was ...
by col1948
25 Feb 2017, 21:28

Thanks it was more of a guideline I was looking for, thats great. I also read these private jets can fly a very high altitude as well.

Col.
by col1948
25 Feb 2017, 20:03

Best altitude to fly?

I was reading an old thread on another forum that got me thinking, one poster said just because the ceiling height of an aircraft is xxx ft doesn't mean it has to fly at that. I have noticed when I do an ai flight plan I sometimes just do a random height, I think if it is a short journey by the time...
by col1948
24 Feb 2017, 14:33
Topic: Going to Start Releasing Sceneries
Replies: 2
Views: 541

Re: Going to Start Releasing Sceneries

Forgive me for saying this as I know nothing about creating scenery and I respect the work of the guys that do it. to my point: My personal pet hate is when a scenery designer add static aircraft, some do say in the readme if to remove delete xxx files which to my mind I wish they would all do that ...
by col1948
24 Feb 2017, 14:26
Topic: Help Please, what causes this?
Replies: 4
Views: 286

Re: Help Please, what causes this?

@clickclickdoh, Yes you are right it is a re-worked existing paint, I do this a lot mainly because I'm struggling to use PSP. I am using a combination of FSrepaint, DTXTbmp and Paint.net, I often see an aircraft with a paint kit supplied but I am at a loss where to start so I cheat and use an existi...