Oshkosh Traffic

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
VORTEX
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Oshkosh Traffic

Post by VORTEX »

Has anyone ever made a package with Oshkosh traffic and new airport file. Ive looked everywhere and havent found one. I just cant believe nobody hasnt done it yet.
james84

Re: Oshkosh Traffic

Post by james84 »

Hello,
AFAIK, there is no Oshkosh traffic package, but if you look on Ray's website (rayparker-repaints.jimdo.com) you can find AI P-47, P-51, DC-3 and T-6 that can easily be used to represent the warbirds attending the airshow!
VORTEX
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by VORTEX »

aight, well im gonna try my hand at making flightplans for ga, some airliners, military, and performers to come in to oshkosh for a week. any tips on how to make ai do touch and goes, flybys, formation? (i already made my own .bgl scenery file for airport)
james84

Post by james84 »

VORTEX wrote:aight, well im gonna try my hand at making flightplans for ga, some airliners, military, and performers to come in to oshkosh for a week. any tips on how to make ai do touch and goes, flybys, formation? (i already made my own .bgl scenery file for airport)
First of all, you have to get RPP's compiler, you can d/l it from the homepage IIRC. The "program" (an Excel datasheet with a macro indeed) generates FPs on a random basis. Just enter the airports you want the aircrafts to visit, the titles of the aircrafts and their registrations plus some details and you'll have a FP in a few seconds. In the readme you'll find instructions on how to do TNGs. Also possible is the creaton of waypoints for this purpose, they work in the same way as the airports. As for formation flights you have to use the same flightplans for more aircrafts (always in the compiler's readme), just change the height and the departure and arrival time.
It would be useless to write it all down here, just run a search, there are lot of topics on flightplan making!
VORTEX
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by VORTEX »

and where may i find the compiler? also, i have AI Flight Planner. would that works as well as RPP?
james84

Post by james84 »

VORTEX wrote:and where may i find the compiler? also, i have AI Flight Planner. would that works as well as RPP?
The compiler is here
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/tools.html

Don't know if AI Flight planner allows you to make flightplans though...
Rotten Ralph
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by Rotten Ralph »

I seem to remember a very good microsoft oshkosh add on that was free from their website, witch was for the yearly airshow (lots of eye candy). If you can still find it, that would make a good starting point before altering AFCADS/ADE for the airfield, but I cannot remember any AI flying around.
VORTEX
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by VORTEX »

Okay, im starting my first flightplan from KMKE-KOSH and it isnt in the airport list. I use FSX, is that supported?
james84

Post by james84 »

The flightplans the compiler makes are compatible both for FS2004 and FSX, with a single difference in the days:
FS2004: 0=Sunday, 1=Monday... 6=Saturday
FSX: 0=Monday, 6=Sunday

(anybody correct me if I'm wrong)

Don't know about the coordinates...
VORTEX
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by VORTEX »

ok, i found it. its very complicated for now, but ill get it. any video out there i can refer to?
VORTEX
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by VORTEX »

is there an easier way to retrieve aircraft names and speed other than looking in aircraft.cfg?
james84

Post by james84 »

VORTEX wrote:is there an easier way to retrieve aircraft names and speed other than looking in aircraft.cfg?
Just add your own speed. 150-200 should be ok.
VORTEX
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by VORTEX »

im getting somewhere with it now. what if this possibly becomes a passable flight plan file, how do i gain rights to put it on avsim
james84

Post by james84 »

It's your own work, just upload it with your name and a readme and you're on the way!
You have to ask permission for release something ONLY in the following cases:
1) you want include files made by someone else in your zip (i.e. aircraft models with your own repaints)
2) you want to upload something that somebody else did but you modified it (of course this doesn't apply if you keep the files for personal use)