Avalon Airshow , Melbourne OZ

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Avalon Airshow , Melbourne OZ

Post by btaylo24 »

Well Guys as u know I went to my first OZ airshow today.....It was great to see an F111 in action again and doing a fuel dump and burn.
Had the F16's WW from Japan down, along with the ZZ F15's from Kadena...
Had some USN FA18E/F down. The display for the super hornet was done by the famous Ricardo from Boeing...What a display...!!!

Had an E3 from Kadena there. It had an OK tail code and not ZZ. I spoke to the crew and they said the E3's are based at Kadena for a few months and are then replaced with one from Tinker. I mentioned the E3 MAIW package for the E3 and they were not aware of it!!!!!

Something of a suprise was an E3D from the UK all parked up. Spoke to the crew and they were just down for the show! Going back to UK next week. A b52 from Guam made a flyby and then went to Darwin for some training over the North OZ bombing ranges... A C17 from Hickman was also there, a nice surpise and I had never seen one from there before (apart from the great MAIW Hickman C17 package)

Couple of shots for u all. Note the weather was crap, Rain/Thunder and lots of cloud. But still a nice 20'c at times!!! Not bad as we are nearly at the end of summer..

I have cropped the pics down as not to upset danny! lol

Barry :D
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

Couple more.....

Barry
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

Last one. Note how close it is taxy'ing past. Something great about the airshow is that all the flying display craft taxi through the crowd... A health and safety nightmare....

Barry
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

I bet the E3D crew moaned about having to fly all the way there and leave a wet and cold Waddington

one hell of a party bus though :lol:

We had a look inside at last years Waddo air show, all the compartments and anything loose was covered over with gaffa tape to stop it being swiped :lol:

Gary