C-130 Parking

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
Rotten Ralph
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

C-130 Parking

Post by Rotten Ralph »

Now that the Lynham Herks have moved, does anyone know where the C-130`s are parking at Brize Norton as I would like to update my Brize AI. Is it the new pan opposite where the Tristars are?
davem
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: C-130 Parking

Post by davem »

Ralph, I've not been down there myself for a few weeks but as far as I know, they are using the new pan (as is everything else!) and also the old 101 Squadron pan nearer to the 08 end of the field.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Rotten,
Just downloaded all of Graham's Herc paints after I somehow left out the RAF in my AI C-130 collection. Building on the stock AFCAD (FSX) and can't find much on recent C-130 parking, are you willing to share your AFD file? I see AFG has a Brize in the works, pretty surprised there is not a huge RAF base package out.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

If anyone would like further details of the new ramp at Brize, send me a PM. From what I can see from the spacing of the parking spots it looks like the C-130s have been allocated the SE line of the new ramp. I'm not sure about the rest of the airfield.

I might just take a swan overhead tomorrow if I can pinch an aircraft for a couple of hours and take some pics and the weather is suitable.

Edit - Got the aircraft, taking off in 35 mins. Hopefully I'll be able to get some pics if the weather is suitable (cloudbase 800ft vis 5000m atm) and my student doesn't need me to take control off him while I take the phots. :lol:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

davem wrote:Ralph, I've not been down there myself for a few weeks but as far as I know, they are using the new pan (as is everything else!) and also the old 101 Squadron pan nearer to the 08 end of the field.
I can confirm this; on the new dispersal they're using the line of spots furthest from the terminal and the old 101 Sqn pan near the 08 threshold.

Photos (only of the main dispersal) to follow when I get home tonight. Couldn't get the south side unfortunately.

Not the best shots, but the best I could get from my little old handheld camera.

Note the RNZAF (I think) B757 and unknown carrier Ilyushin (86?).
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by hawk_sh »

CelticWarrior wrote:unknown carrier Ilyushin (86?).
Ilyushin Il-96-400T, Polet Airlines - quite a rare bird

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... Il-96-400T
Hartwig

Rotten Ralph
Captain
Captain

Post by Rotten Ralph »

Thanks Celtic Warrior for the photos, at least I now know where to park them now. Do you know what is using the old VC10 parking area down near the RWY 08 end?

Dave
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Rotten Ralph wrote:Thanks Celtic Warrior for the photos, at least I now know where to park them now. Do you know what is using the old VC10 parking area down near the RWY 08 end?

Dave
CelticWarrior wrote:
davem wrote:Ralph, I've not been down there myself for a few weeks but as far as I know, they are using the new pan (as is everything else!) and also the old 101 Squadron pan nearer to the 08 end of the field.
I can confirm this; on the new dispersal they're using the line of spots furthest from the terminal and the old 101 Sqn pan near the 08 threshold.
:P
Rotten Ralph
Captain
Captain

Post by Rotten Ralph »

Dam, I really should learn to read. Appologies davem.

Dave
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

That's one way to get updated AFD files, almost real time imagery, great job!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Victory103 wrote:That's one way to get updated AFD files, almost real time imagery, great job!
My pleasure, the job has to have some perks. :wink: I would have got shots of the south west area parking, but I had to fly the approach. :lol:

However, how long this sort of perk will last I have no idea. Last week the contractor I work for announced 25% redundancies for flying instructors. I'll find out if I still have a job on 15 Aug.
Rotten Ralph
Captain
Captain

Post by Rotten Ralph »

I wonder if anyone can help me here. I am trying to adapt an fs9 scenery I did for Brize Norton to FSX. I have done a new airport ground texture with Sbuilderx & added the relevant MAIW sceneries to FSX. The problem is that I am getting bleed through of default FSX buildings (see attachment). I have had a look at the ADE file & no default buildings are on it. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Dave
Attachments
EGVN.jpg
EGVN.jpg (29.64 KiB) Viewed 643 times
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Did you load the stock data in your ADEX project and then remove the buildings?
Rotten Ralph
Captain
Captain

Post by Rotten Ralph »

Hi Greg
After a lot of tinkering, I found out that I could put an exclusion rectangle around the default buildings in ADEX & that did the trick.
Thanks for the help anyway.

Cheers

Dave
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

That's one way to do it, but you should learn to load all the stock data into your ADE project file if you're not making one from scratch (i.e. starting from an AFCAD or AFX file). You'll be able to move around or delete individual stock buildings, taxiway signs etcetera.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Still learning ADE9x, but I loaded Rotten's EGVN in and didn't have any excludes, so trees showed on the taxiways. I was then remaking a FSX version of Eglin AFB, FL, and noticed the same thing, so obviously it's me doing something wrong. I need to find a tutorial to get my ADE files up to MAIW standard in FSX.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris