Afcads

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
james
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Afcads

Post by james »

Since iv been painting alot I thought id have a go at doing an afcad properly so I choose RAAF Townsville to give the guys at MAIW something to put into a package and for myself to have a better airport. Iv got fs9 collecting dust somewhere so it will be an fsx project sofar. My question is whats the best program to use to create fsx afcads and whats step one in creating an afcad
scottr5213
Captain
Captain

Re: Afcads

Post by scottr5213 »

I use both AED9 and AFX, I know you can do FSX with AFX but I havent made the move to FSX yet.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

If you want to contribute to a MAIW package, you are going to have to dust off that FS9 copy... they do FS9 only.
aljude
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by aljude »

james wrote: My question is whats the best program to use to create fsx afcads and whats step one in creating an afcad
I use AFX with FS9 and FSEarth which links and places a crosshair on Google Earth, when moving in FS9 it moves with Google, this can give an accuracy down to a few feet..
It also helps having two monitors :wink:

Tony
Time travel does exist, i just discovered it next week...
scruffyduck
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by scruffyduck »

Both AFX and ADE will work with FS9 and FSX. With FS9 you can still do a good job with AFCAD 2.21 although it is now quite old.
james
Captain
Captain

Post by james »

I had fun in afcad 2.21 built a brand new Afcad for the IOM for personal use but it got lost when the hard drive it was on crashed