Blue Angle crash

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
drydocker
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Blue Angle crash

Post by drydocker »

I just seen on the news that one of the Blue Angles crashed at the air show in Beaufort, SC. Pilot was killed. It went down in a wooded area. By the local paper the plane hit a tree. I was going to the show this weekend but had to work today. Here is the link to the paper's story
"http://www.beaufortgazette.com/breaking ... 8379c.html"
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

:cry: damn, prayers out to his family
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Dang it, thoughts with the team members and the family of the pilot.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/21/bluean ... index.html
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

My sympathies go out to all concerned - a tragic incident.
Where did I put my beer??!
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

A tragic loss to his family and friends. Little comfort, but at least he died doing what he loved.

If anyone has a chance, watch "A year in the life of the Blue Angels" which pops up from time to time on Discovery Channels.

A real insight into the work these guys do to bring pleasure to millions.

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
drydocker
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by drydocker »

The authorities said that the pilots family was at the air show today. The air show will go on tomorrow without the Blue's fling. my prayers is with the family and freinds.
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by CrazyDunc »

aw man, tht suks, there in my prayers
Dunc
Regards,
Dunc
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

I always go into a major funk when this happens, to any team, anywhere in the world. These are special guys, and have a special place in anyone's aviation world. Always a great loss, but since I grew up in a military family (serving half a career in the Navy and half in the Air Force) before doing a full career myself (tho Army), I have been present for many, many shows by the Blue's and the T-Birds. I will always feel a special warmth for them. I can remember meeting the Blue's as a toddler, when they were flying props, at Dallas Naval Air Station (among my earliest firm memories). I was in awe of them then, and still am. It hurts to loose one of these guys!

Ron
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

My prayers go out to the family of number 6. The Blue Angels are scheduled to appear here at Shady J on May 12, however that is probably not going to happen now. With out a headliner they will probably canx the entire show.
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

he's name has been released:

Lt. Cmdr Kevin J. Davis, 32

Lieutenant Commander Kevin Davis is a native of Pittsfield, Massachusetts, and graduated from Reading Memorial High School in 1992 where he played football and was active with the Civil Air Patrol. He attended Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Aeronautical Science with honors in 1996.

Kevin reported to Naval Air Station (NAS) Pensacola, Florida, for Officer Candidate School and aviation indoctrination in September 1996. He completed primary flight training at NAS Corpus Christi, Texas, and transferred to NAS Meridian, Mississippi, for intermediate and advanced flight training. While there, he flew the T-2C Buckeye and TA-4J Skyhawk, and received his wings of gold in June 1999.

Kevin reported to Fighter Squadron 101 (VF-101) at NAS Oceana, Virginia, for training in the F-14 Tomcat and was the “Top Stick” in his class. In July 2000 he reported to the VF-11 “Red Rippers” where he completed deployments aboard the aircraft carriers USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69) and USS John F. Kennedy (CV 67). While with the “Red Rippers,” Kevin served as the airframes/corrosion branch officer, air-to-ground training officer and head landing signals officer. His deployments included extended operations in the North Arabian Sea and Arabian Gulf in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.

In July 2003, Kevin transitioned to the F/A-18 Hornet through Strike Fighter Squadron 125 (VFA-125) at NAS Lemoore, California, and then reported to the Fighter Composite Squadron (VFC-12) “Omars,” stationed at NAS Oceana, Virginia. While at VFC-12, Kevin served as a Navy adversary pilot providing valuable air-to-air training for fleet squadrons. In December of 2004, Kevin graduated from the United States Navy Fighter Weapons School (TOPGUN) as an adversary pilot. During his tour at VFC-12, Kevin worked as the schedules officer, legal officer, FRS/SFARP officer and assistant operations officer.

Kevin joined the Blue Angels in September 2005. He has accumulated more than 2,500 flight hours and 200 carrier arrested landings. His decorations include the Air Medal, two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, and various personal and unit awards.

RIP Commander...
benclark
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by benclark »

Sucks big time, we had one of our RAF Hawk's go down the other day, thankfully he ejected in time. Guess with this guy he stayed to the last protecting those on the ground. RIP
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

memorial vid for Lt Cmdr. Kevin "Kojak" Davis :cry:

http://www.airshowbuzz.com/videos/view.php?v=5038c0b3

Kevin also was featured in a vid on this site flying around one of the actors from the movie Flyboys:

http://www.airshowbuzz.com/videos/view.php?v=38c60761