Skyhawk

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Skyhawk

Post by mikeblaze »

I am starting this thread with the blessing of Mark Griggs, and the substantial help of Steve Holland; to showcase my until-now quiet Skyhawk project. I probably started my work on the Scooter a little after the MAIW guys started theirs, so I was careful to release around their schedule, and not advertise too much on this site. Now that the MAIW TA-4 package has had enough time to sink in, I am getting ready to release the remainder of my Skyhawks, and fix a couple of the older ones. As usual, I have a huge schedule of release material for this aircraft, but what is unusual for me is that I have nearly all of it done before advertising it. Nearly all that is left at this time is mass-painting, and that goes pretty quick. Here is my release schedule, to be done in multiple parts:

A-4A, B, C, E (early/late), F, M (early/late), TA-4F/J, OA-4M; all for USN/USMC. This will be a very nice companion aircraft with the Phantom and upcoming Crusader.
A-4S/SU, TA-4S/SU for Singapore
A-4E/H, TA-4H for Israel
version 2 upgrade of my Kuwaiti Skyhawks, the very first (and most in need of repair, lol).

On no particular schedule, again with the blessing of Mark, I will do the RAAF/RNZAF/RAN Skyhawks as well, with individual base models.
To round these out, I will also do the South American variants (Brazil, Argentina).

Mike Mac has done a whole mess of brand-new version-2 FDE for me, so these aircraft will have his signature function as well.

Pictures to follow.
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Re: Skyhawk

Post by mikeblaze »

Some preview pix, of course.....
Attachments
nmai_a-4su_skyhawk.jpg
nmai_a-4_usn-usmc_traffic.jpg
Makadocias
Captain
Captain

Post by Makadocias »

Nice!
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Better than Nice, fantastic collection!
SeanG
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by SeanG »

mikeblaze wrote: On no particular schedule, again with the blessing of Mark, I will do the RAAF/RNZAF/RAN Skyhawks as well, with individual base models.
You sir, deserve a large beverage of your choice... you've just made my day!

Looking forward to replacing the A-4 models in my Ohakea/Nowra retro package :)

SeanG
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Very cool, outstanding job on these Scooters.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
andrea81

Post by andrea81 »

looking good, thanks a lot
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

Like the Singaporean twin sitter :)
VIVA LA VIDA
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Just published my first part of this revised Skyhawk schedule; the A-4A/B/C of the USN/USMC. 16 models and 32 repaints will add to anybody's retro AI world.
Attachments
nmai_a4_usn_usmc_part1.jpg
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

Lovely stuff Mike. Thanks for these
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

And can we expect Israeli repaints ?
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

mikeblaze wrote:Just published my first part of this revised Skyhawk schedule; the A-4A/B/C of the USN/USMC. 16 models and 32 repaints will add to anybody's retro AI world.
Mike,

That looks a lot like the MacIntyre Tartan on 8445. I didn't realize that our clan might have our own carriers and Skyhawks. 8) :lol:

Mike M.
    Mike M.
    SeanG
    Captain
    Captain

Post by SeanG »

mikeblaze wrote:Just published my first part of this revised Skyhawk schedule; the A-4A/B/C of the USN/USMC. 16 models and 32 repaints will add to anybody's retro AI world.
    Thank you! thank you! thank you!

SeanG
    mikeblaze
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Taking a little break from nearly-finished first releases of Crusaders and some Mirages..... Working on my first Israeli package today, for the Skyhawk to start (Mirage/Nesher/Kfir and Phantom to follow.....). I'll have some pre-release pix in a couple of hours, and this package is no-holds-barred, with early models and late models after the IDF strapped on the exhaust extenders. Six main models will be represented (A-4E/H/N & TA-4E/F/H), with lots of variants and paints, as usual. I'm going to try to stuff this into one zip, so it will probably be the largest single-project file I have posted so far (estimated around 50MB), but I will definitely make it worth your while....... This is going to be the start of a great holiday season for me and models given to the hobby.

MP
    campbeme
    MAIW Staff
    MAIW Staff
    Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

mikeblaze wrote:Taking a little break from nearly-finished first releases of Crusaders and some Mirages..... Working on my first Israeli package today, for the Skyhawk to start (Mirage/Nesher/Kfir and Phantom to follow.....). I'll have some pre-release pix in a couple of hours, and this package is no-holds-barred, with early models and late models after the IDF strapped on the exhaust extenders. Six main models will be represented (A-4E/H/N & TA-4E/F/H), with lots of variants and paints, as usual. I'm going to try to stuff this into one zip, so it will probably be the largest single-project file I have posted so far (estimated around 50MB), but I will definitely make it worth your while....... This is going to be the start of a great holiday season for me and models given to the hobby.

MP
    WoW I cant wait for these Mike....

Mark :D
    Mark
    ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Wow, again! This is amazing. Thanks! Ron
    mikeblaze
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Okay, here we go..... I just posted a 42MB file to AVSIM, it has six main models of the Skyhawk, broken into eleven sub-variants representing local upgrades (tailpipe); for a whopping 60 models and 68 paints. I think I hurt my brain on this one a little, but you would be hard-pressed to not find either a variant or a squadron who used them in this package. Have fun with it, and the other IDF stuff I have planned will get the same service.......mp
    Attachments
    nmai_a4_idf.jpg
    AndyG43
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by AndyG43 »

Amazing stuff Mike, thank you. Astonishing to think that the Israelis have been operating Skyhawks (of one sort or another) since 1966 & still use them today in the training role; my understanding is that they are due to be replaced by the M-346, but not before 2012 at the earliest!

Anybody else noticed that just about the liveliest part of this forum of late has been the retro AI section? We have been truly blessed recently and, without wanting to sound greedy, hope there are lots more goodies on the way. Mind you, if was being greedy, a proper AI Buccaneer ...... no, that would be too much to hope for. :D
    bismarck
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Another wonderful job Mike. Just in time to add something special to my upcoming Hatzerim Airbase.

Giorgio
    mikeblaze
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

It's that time of the week again, remember I said I was going to try to publish a package per week until New Years....... This is this week's installment........ I wanted to get this one done soon, as a tribute to the guys down under who have been very patient waiting for me to get off of my backside and finish it. I painted all twenty delivery serials, in all generations of VC724/VF805 schemes; and each serial is painted sometime in its career in one of the schemes. I was careful with my research to make sure the written-off aircraft were not painted in later schemes then when they were lost (it's a respect thing). This is my Veteran's Day/Armistice Day contribution........
    Attachments
    nmai_a4g_ran.jpg