deleting default AI in fs9

The Tutorials forum section is the place where you can learn the various techniques that go into the creation of AI traffic packages.
pietsteens
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

deleting default AI in fs9

Post by pietsteens »

Does anyone know how to delete default AI traffic in FS 9 ?
On every scenery add-on airport /field, I get the Airwave, Pacific Airways, Soar planes and flightplans.

Thanks for your help
Piet
cattz
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Re: deleting default AI in fs9

Post by cattz »

I think the file you need is scenery\world\scenery\traffic030528.bgl. Do not delete (in case you need the default traffic again)but rename to something like traffic030528.oldbgl.
It's a long time since I used FS9 but I think that's the one.
pietsteens
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by pietsteens »

Thanks for quick reply Caltz !
Flightlead13
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Flightlead13 »

cattz wrote:I think the file you need is scenery\world\scenery\traffic030528.bgl. Do not delete (in case you need the default traffic again)but rename to something like traffic030528.oldbgl.
That's the file! If you are comfortable working with TTools, I decompiled the file and commented out the default airline aircraft in the Aircraft file then recompiled. It essentially removed the airline traffic but kept the GA stuff flying around in my setup.

Definately make a backup of the original before you start tinkering.
First Lieutenant

Post by pietsteens »

Thanks for the tip Pete !!
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Flightlead13 wrote:
cattz wrote:I think the file you need is scenery\world\scenery\traffic030528.bgl. Do not delete (in case you need the default traffic again)but rename to something like traffic030528.oldbgl.
That's the file! If you are comfortable working with TTools, I decompiled the file and commented out the default airline aircraft in the Aircraft file then recompiled. It essentially removed the airline traffic but kept the GA stuff flying around in my setup.

Definately make a backup of the original before you start tinkering.
I went a step further Pete. I have the HTAI payware Cessna package - so I edited out the airlines and the replaced all the default aircraft with true AI models.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Flightlead13
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Flightlead13 »

I went a step further Pete. I have the HTAI payware Cessna package - so I edited out the airlines and the replaced all the default aircraft with true AI models.
I've got the HTAI Traffic file that came with the Cessna pack installed too. One of these days I'll get around to swapping out the default GA as well, especialy with all those wonderful ANAI Pipers!

The HTAI Cessna package is well worth the $!!
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Flightlead13 wrote:
I've got the HTAI Traffic file that came with the Cessna pack installed too. One of these days I'll get around to swapping out the default GA as well, especialy with all those wonderful ANAI Pipers!

The HTAI Cessna package is well worth the $!!
Will certainly help the frame rates Pete. The default aircraft (being user types) do tend to take up a fair bit.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."