The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Shorter take off spacing

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Shorter take off spacing

Post by wbunnell »

Is there a way to get decrease Aircraft, spacing when taking off?
With three Aircraft taking off at 03:00, there is a delay of about a minute or longer, from #1 Aircraft taking off to #2 Aircraft getting clearance to take off etc.
Is there a way to get the spacing closer?
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Re: Shorter take off spacing

Post by nickblack423 »

I dont believe there is unfotunately mate. What we have done in the past is to tinker with multiple AFDs which have allowed seperate aircraft to take off on the same runway together, but in essence they are taking off from 2 different airports laid on top of one another.

Its all to do with the AI engine and how the inbuilt ATC clears aircraft for departure.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

There was a bloke many years ago, like about 6-7-8 years ago who tinkered with FS9 program code and he managed to do such a thing. He also managed to make short finals as well but he considered himself as a programmer, not a developer.
I don't have his name any more but may be you can find more info on him if you go to the Flightsim or Avsim forums and ask about.
It's all just coding prams.
Cheer's,
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

You could use the speed up taxi tool, that may make any landing aircraft clear quicker

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -