The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Just been buzzed

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Just been buzzed

Post by nickblack423 »

Well what an amazing sight. Just stepped out into my garden cos I could hear a low flying aircraft to see "Sally B" B-17 Flying Fortress fly over the back of my house at about 100 feet. Incredible sight.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Re: Just been buzzed

Post by nickblack423 »

And followed by a formation of Hurricane, P-51, Spitfire and P-47. Not as low and exciting though. I live at Martlesham, Suffolk and wondered if they are buzzing the old Martlesham Heath Control tower.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
JBD
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by JBD »

The fighters were "The Eagle Squadron". They performed at Duxford yesterday to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the 8th Air Force arriving in the UK. It was a great show and concluded with the four fighters in formation with the Red Arrows. Incidentally the Thunderbolt and Mustang are both razorbacks - probably not seen together in Europe since the war.
Today they were overflying various 8th Air Force bases plus the American Cemetery at Maddingley.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Next year you could invite some of us... :roll: 8)

Giorgio
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

The Mustang was carrying a very special passenger - none other than Col. Clarence Emil "Bud" Anderson. So you were in good company Nick :D
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

:D
Attachments
image.jpg
Mark
JBD
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by JBD »

Good picture Mark.
"Bud" Anderson was flying in The fighter Collection TF51 "Miss Velma". Today they broke from the main group at Leiston - his wartime base.
Tried to attach a picture of "Miss Velma" taken yesterday but seem not to be allowed to do that.

Nick - my parents lived opposite the "Black Tiles" for more than 40 years. Dad's engine test shop roof in an old RAF building always leaked as a result of bullet holes originaly patched in 1940.

Maybe anyone interested could arange to meet up at a Duxford show. My son Ben commentates there so I always go. Not too sure how we could set this up but maybe worth a try?

Regards,
John D.
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Sounds like a plan. I'm hoping to attend Flying Legends on either day - just got to find out if I'm working the Saturday. Be nice for some members to meet up :D
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

Nice. I have some photos of Sally B at the last USAF Ball held at RAF Bentwaters back in early 1993. Glad to see she is still in the air.
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/