RAF Alconbury by BC

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

RAF Alconbury by BC

Post by delbydoo »

Brian took me by surprise by this one the other week - but a very nice surprise indeed. Now I know there are going to be a dozen shouts of "ACG are doing it"......yes they are, and it looks absolutely gorgeous. Think of this as a "lite" option, as again, like Brians other sceneries, it is made from various library objects from MAIW.

There are two options parking wise, one for A-10's, the other for RF-4's, both have spots for TR-1's/U-2's.

It is highly detailed with Brians keen eye delivering more candy than the candyman can. It will be available on avsim shortly, but if you cannot wait, here is the link to Brians scenery page

http://dprepaints.weebly.com/brian-clarke.html

Ciao!

dk1213
Major
Major
Version: FSX

Re: RAF Alconbury by BC

Post by dk1213 »

Since when has there ever been too much of a good thing?! If everyone waited for the best thing to come along and passed up everything else reproduction on this planet would have ceased a long time ago lol

It looks good man, I for one will support it for no other reason than I like you and I am a degenerate compulsive downloader.
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
rocket26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by rocket26 »

Nice work. Ironically a lot of the objects are ones I built years ago which were contributed to the MAIW scenery library. I like the idea of quick lite versions to be fair, just wish those old HAS models of mine were swapped for later ones.
Last edited by rocket26 on 18 Aug 2013, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

The student is now teaching the teacher!! :lol:

Well done Brian - every package is bang on.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Sonarboy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sonarboy »

Thanks for the kind words Stewart.

Its great that we have the Libraries designed by extremely clever people (rocket26) being one of so many and my sincere apologies if I have not got something quite right.

I try whenever to get things as close as possible and take on board any advice. Just hope it does not spoil peoples enjoyment of the project.

Always open to any advice as producing any airfield is a learning curve. Its not a matter of a few minutes but takes hours and weeks to the finished project. Those that do it will know only to well.

My PM button is always available to anyone who wish to give advice or suggestions. I assure you I will be only too happy to listen.

This lite rendition of Alconbury is in no way a competition to ACG's fabulous forthcoming work. But until its released I just hope it will give a little extra to the FS scenery and fill a small gap and the skies of AI.

Daryl Payne has once again done a fantastic job on getting the package options together and uploading it. Thanks mate.

Kindest regards

Brian