Mother Russia

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Mother Russia

Post by mikeblaze »

I'll let you all chew on this one for a week or three, then there will be some aircraft here. The MiGs have their own thread, so let your imagination jump out of a window..... Some of you know about one or two things which will go on this thread, but the rest of the projects will be more or less out of the blue. Most will be retro, but a few are quite contemporary. You will see my first published propellor-engined aircraft appear here, and you might even see a helicopter if Sergey Bunevich doesn't beat me to it first.

Understandably my focus right now is on Century Series aircraft, and finishing some other stuff like the B-52, the Skyhawk, and another un-advertised Euro-Scooter. But I don't want to be that guy who has a bunch of dead unfinished models on his hard drive. If I delete a model that I started it is because somebody else already did it before I finished. I have a couple of projects here that have been the focus of my learning design stuff as early back as 2004 when I started trying to figure it out. One's my all-time favorite Russian aircraft, I have built it unsuccessfully in Gmax, 3ds Max, and 3 generations of FSDS, before I finally got a rhythm for it. The first five aircraft I release on this thread were all designed in primitive form before I did the Lightning, I just had to let my talent catch up to my imagination.

More to follow.

:smt004
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Mother Russia

Post by TheFoufure »

I suppose it's a Su-17/20/22 ;-)
dk1213
Major
Major
Version: FSX

Post by dk1213 »

TU-95?
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

mikeblaze wrote:... I have built it unsuccessfully in Gmax, 3ds Max, and 3 generations of FSDS, before I finally got a rhythm for it...
Ekranoplan? :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Martin
Major
Major

Post by sr01 »

mikeblaze wrote:I'll let you all chew on this one for a week or three, then there will be some aircraft here. The MiGs have their own thread, so let your imagination jump out of a window..... Some of you know about one or two things which will go on this thread, but the rest of the projects will be more or less out of the blue. Most will be retro, but a few are quite contemporary. You will see my first published propellor-engined aircraft appear here, and you might even see a helicopter if Sergey Bunevich doesn't beat me to it first.

Understandably my focus right now is on Century Series aircraft, and finishing some other stuff like the B-52, the Skyhawk, and another un-advertised Euro-Scooter. But I don't want to be that guy who has a bunch of dead unfinished models on his hard drive. If I delete a model that I started it is because somebody else already did it before I finished. I have a couple of projects here that have been the focus of my learning design stuff as early back as 2004 when I started trying to figure it out. One's my all-time favorite Russian aircraft, I have built it unsuccessfully in Gmax, 3ds Max, and 3 generations of FSDS, before I finally got a rhythm for it. The first five aircraft I release on this thread were all designed in primitive form before I did the Lightning, I just had to let my talent catch up to my imagination.

More to follow.

Mike
Which one do you like best Gmax or FSDS ?
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

" But I don't want to be that guy who has a bunch of dead unfinished models on his hard drive."

:smt038 Hey, that's me! :? Uh, wait a minute, :oops:

:lol: :lol:
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Its gotta be a Bear (Please)

:D
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

I wonder if it's a Beriev Bartini VVA-14 or a MiG-105. Somehow I don't think it will be :D

Whatever it will be, I'm sure it will be great :mrgreen:
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

dk1213 wrote:TU-95?
petebramley wrote:Its gotta be a Bear (Please)

:D
Isn't there already one in development, courtesy of one of the Russian developers? I know Max "makc-sim" Vantenzin was working on one a few years back (as per http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... =26&t=5706 ), and I remember seeing another one not too long ago.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

RKE wrote:Isn't there already one in development, courtesy of one of the Russian developers? I know Max "makc-sim" Vantenzin was working on one a few years back (as per http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... =26&t=5706 ), and I remember seeing another one not too long ago.
makc-sim passed his model over to a colleague of the United Traffic Team. I have seen some screen shots, but after their web-presence relaunched some time ago every trace of the Tu-95 was gone again and they do not reply on questions about it (at least to me that is :smt002 ).

So .... if there is a Bear in Mikes attic.... we all can call us lucky :smt003
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Well, I always liked the Il-18/Il-38, what am I saying, of course it's the Bear....... UTT may have their timetable but I have mine, let me get a little more done on it and I will show some screenshots. I might do the Ilyushin as well. My Bear already has an original FDE in play, and I figured out the little things like counter-rotating props and such. It's a big bitch......
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

mikeblaze wrote:Well, I always liked the Il-18/Il-38, what am I saying, of course it's the Bear....... UTT may have their timetable but I have mine, let me get a little more done on it and I will show some screenshots. I might do the Ilyushin as well. My Bear already has an original FDE in play, and I figured out the little things like counter-rotating props and such. It's a big bitch......
Awesome :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

mikeblaze wrote:Well, I always liked the Il-18/Il-38, what am I saying, of course it's the Bear.......
Oтлично! :mrgreen:
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

RKE wrote:
mikeblaze wrote:Well, I always liked the Il-18/Il-38, what am I saying, of course it's the Bear.......
I'm going to assume that was Cyrillic for 'Hooray', 'Yippee', or 'Spassibo'...... :smt004
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

One more thing today... You guys should know me well enough by now, when I say I'm doing an aircraft, I do the whole operation history of the aircraft. The Bear project will include several marks of the Tu-95, the Tu-142 ASW platform, the Tu-124 civil airliner, and the Tu-126 AEW platform. Just killing off the inevitable questions, and doing my part to save you guys some oxygen and avoid carpaltunnel syndrome a little longer, lol.

RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

mikeblaze wrote:
RKE wrote:
I'm going to assume that was Cyrillic for 'Hooray', 'Yippee', or 'Spassibo'...... :smt004
I was going for 'Excellent', so I guess that's close enough :lol:
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

Yes "Otlichno" means Excellent indeed.Not Russian but still Slavic :wink:
And yes, Mike, bring it to us :smt006
VIVA LA VIDA
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Just so everybody who doesn't model knows, you have to have three parts for every prop, a slow part, a blurred part, and a still (at rest) part. The different props are visible at different times of aircraft function, and they are all visible in the design program, obviously. That's why this one looks a little weird. I am just barely starting to do the texture-mapping, but the different colored-parts are going to be cut out and animated. This model is complete enough to do flight testing, and has a more or less finished FDE in play. There won't be too much work on it for some more weeks or so, but it is on the fast-track, so maybe the first one comes out by the end of the year or so.

Attachments
mpai_tu95_prealpha.jpg
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

When I said colored parts I was referring to the primitive material parts like the gear doors, flaps, and bomb bay (optional model). The props and hubs are already texture-mapped. :smt004
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

One thing you can say about Russian designers: they never let convention interfere. That is a cool looking airplane! :wink:

And a great rendition!!