Blueprints

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Blueprints

Post by jimrodger »

Discovered this site, hopefully it'll prove handy/interesting for someone.

http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: Blueprints

Post by MIKE JG »

THIS is a MAJOR score!

Thank you Jim for sharing this!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

Who is going to tackle the X-Wing Fighter :mrgreen:
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Not trying to be smart here but I've known about this site for a few years, I thought everybody else also was aware of it as its the first website that pops up on a Goggle search for 'Blueprints'. :P
It is very useful indeed but some of the drawings are very basic and incorrect, there are also no bulkhead cut-outs to help with tricky areas of a model that you can't see in three view drawings. You also have to pay $$$ for it and quite often there are better drawings available on Google, as I found with the A330-200 where I had to remake the nose longer because the original drawing plan was based on the first version of that airframe that had a stub nose...
I use http://www.ritchiespecs.com/searchresults?type= for equipment. The drawings are good and their free.
Thanks for posting this info, it is always helpful to have people looking out for this type of stuff, especially as it could have been a new website that we didn't know about!
cheer's,
Last edited by fishlips on 10 Oct 2013, 04:02, edited 1 time in total.
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Yeah, I've known about this one for a while too, but I've gotten some useful info from it. Thanks for posting it Jim. Any time you see something like this, put it up. There's always someone who hasn't seen it. :)
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Some of the first three views on that site I looked at Mark had cross sections as part of the drawings. Just keeping you honest.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

I didn't see those one's so I stand corrected with my money still in my pocket! :P
You know me, I'm the first to say I'm wrong even if I'm right. I'll even take blame for things on behalf of other people. :shock:

These days it almost pays to go and buy a 3D max model that has an open license, then convert it to Gmax for lod's if that is your preferred development platform. I would have gone that way for the F-35 if I had known my way around Gmax enough to make lod models, but alas I don't. :P
cheer's,
sr01
Major
Major

Post by sr01 »

" I'm the first to say I'm wrong even if I'm right" AH, the secret of a married man !!

Post by fishlips »

" I'm the first to say I'm wrong even if I'm right" AH, the secret of a married man !!
Or women!