The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Scenes from Singapore

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Scenes from Singapore

Post by delbydoo »

Downloaded Ian Elliot's great scenery package for the RAF stations in Singapore during the sixties. He has updated his old versions and has now included a simple traffic file to get Lightnings, Canberra's, VC10's, Comets, Victors, Buccaneers and the odd Aussie Mirage up and going but there was one vital aircraft missing - the Hunter. So I got to work; done all of the FGA9's of 20 Sqn, just need to get the T7 done and I shall upload them later today :D
Thanks also to Dale for doing the Lightnings and Canberras.....they rock baby!! :lol:

gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: Scenes from Singapore

Post by gsnde »

This one makes full use of John's stable! :smt003

While snooping a bit around RAF in Singapore, I thought I might as well share this. I was surprised to see how many more (non-AI'ed) aircraft were in Singapore with the RAF in the time between the 40s and 60s:

Avro Lincoln --> RAF Tengah, 45 Squadron, 1950s
de Havilland Hornet --> RAF Tengah, 45 Squadron, 1950s
de Havilland Venom --> RAF Tengah, 45 Squadron, 1950s
Gloster Jarvelin --> RAF Tengah, 60 Squadron and 64 Squadron, 1960s

Blackburn Beverley --> RAF Seletar, 34 Squadron, 1960s
Bristol Beaufighter --> RAF Seletar, 61 Squadron, 1960s
Bristol Belvedere --> RAF Seletar, 66 Squadron, 1960s
de Havilland Mosquito --> RAF Seletar, 81 Squadron, 1950s
Short Singapore --> RAF Seletar, 205 Squadron, 1940s
Short Sunderland --> RAF Seletar, 230 Squadron, 1940s
Westland Whirlwind --> RAF Seletar, 103 Squadron and 110 Squadron, 1960s
Cheers,
Martin
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Yep, it was a busy busy place, and from what I've heard - not surprisingly, a popular posting
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Really good to see all that AI put to good use. Not sure about 1930's "C-Type" hangars though.

John
dk1213
Major
Major
Version: FSX

Post by dk1213 »

Understanding that this scenery depicts bases in Singapore in the 1960's, do these bases generally look the same today? For example, can I just swap out the traffic for modern units? One of the mistakes I made with my FSX setup originally was mashing all era's together, so what I did was move out all non MAIW files into a separate folder, and I am doing the same with out of date sceneries today. It just seems stupid to be flying F-22's/F-35's at Edwards and ending up in a MOA running into F-14's in 2013 training from Miramar where the Navy is not even stationed anymore and the planes have been decommissioned since '06. I don't even think they use the F-14 at Fallon as aggressors for NSAWC training with VFC-13 anymore but I could be wrong. I am not sure if across the pond the Jags, Vulcans, Hunters, and Lightnings fly anymore, but I think not. It's somewhat of a shame losing all the cool planes I realistically would not be seeing any of that if I was flying nowadays, but it will free up the parking for realistic up to date AI. Following the "Real World Changes to MAIW Packages" is tedious but I am trying. With all the units transitioning from base to base, new models and crashes it gets really tough to keep up.

Anyway I was curious because finding quality scenery for southeast Asia for the various air forces and US/RAF air bases there is very difficult. Let me know if you guys know something I don't, but pretty much that along with most of Asia is spotty in my sim. Thanks D!
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

The way I do it, and from what I have read, others do as well, is to have two or more sim setups - one for modern, one for retro and any other number of scenarios.....it solves the headache of having F-35's running into F-14's.
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

John Young wrote:Really good to see all that AI put to good use. Not sure about 1930's "C-Type" hangars though.

John
This is the only picture I have found of Tengah's hangars so far......not so far off by the looks of things

(Photo by John Simner originally posted here http://www.singas.co.uk/HTML/raf_tengah.html)
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Add one T7, stir well and pour.......

Files now available here:

http://sdrv.ms/19sbpgg

EDIT: Had to re-upload as I had forgotten to include the traffic files. All sorted now - one click does it all :oops:

Also uploaded to avsim.com, so should be available there in the next 24 hours.
Last edited by delbydoo on 22 Oct 2013, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

A cracking set there mate. Great to see 74 in there Asian habitat :lol:

Thanks for the hunters too :mrgreen:

:smt006
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

delbydoo wrote:
John Young wrote:Really good to see all that AI put to good use. Not sure about 1930's "C-Type" hangars though.

John
This is the only picture I have found of Tengah's hangars so far......not so far off by the looks of things

They are indeed. Those are the first C-types I've seen outside the UK. Thank you for that.

John
ian elliot
Cadet
Cadet

Post by ian elliot »

Those screens look wonderful, thanks for bringing my scenery alive and for the Hunter repaints, i did consider adding Hunters, but i thought they where replaced by the Lightnings, did'nt realise they where both there at the same time. As for the hangers, i was plesently suprised by how much 30's expansion era architecture there was around, although i know my way around FSDS, i figured i'd use Ted Andrews objects, im afraid im rather lazy, i do just enough to look good and create the right atmoshpere, but i dont like a scenery project to take over, i just want to get flying.
Thanks again and thanks to you Mr Young for all the great ai to play with.
cheers ian
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Thanks Ian, and thanks for the scenery - plus the others as well. I have just finally got to making a new FS setup with the ClaClassic stuff so this fits in rather nicely. Working on getting 8 Sqn and 43 Sqn done for Aden - not forgetting 1417 Flt as well :wink: