Operation Granby Tornado ZG750

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Operation Granby Tornado ZG750

Post by Tranquil »

Twenty-five years since the Royal Air Force helped liberate Kuwait from Saddam Hussein’s forces, an RAF Tornado GR4 has been painted in the iconic Gulf War ‘desert pink’ paint scheme to honour the aircraft type’s almost continuous operational service since then. On 28 February – the 25th anniversary of Saddam’s forces’ withdrawal from Kuwait – the aircraft is planned to stage a flypast at the National Arboretum at an event honouring the British forces involved in the Gulf War.

The ‘desert pink’ Tornado, number ZG750, is based at RAF Lossiemouth with XV(R) Squadron, which saw active service during Operation Granby, the UK’s codename for the Gulf War. The aircraft carries 11 ‘battle honours’ on its tail, recalling the Tornado’s almost continuous service on operations worldwide since 1991.

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Operation Granby Tornado ZG750

Post by clickclickdoh »

Very nicely done.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

Thanks Mark

Is it really that long ago, Seems like only a short while ago that I was Sleeping in the Receiver room of HMS London (Mine danger)
and wondering whether a Missile or a Chemical/biologic agent had my name on it. But in the main, we were far to busy to be scared and far safer than those who were ashore.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

Pete, thank you for your interest, i shall be uploading this today!

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

Mark's jewel can be downloaded from his page at The Nest :smt001
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

Thank you Martin! :)

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image