Which World Scenery?

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
col1948
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Which World Scenery?

Post by col1948 »

I tried the entire UK VFR scenery, then I tried FS Global Special Edition but I wasnt overly impressed.
From what I understnd the PhotoReal scenery is just certain areas not worldwide, so what is a really good or best one to get for FS9?
I'm also a bit worried that some of these packages might overwrite already installed airports, especially any MAIW stuff you guys have done.
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Re: Which World Scenery?

Post by JohnTenn »

Col

The world sceneries are installed so that the airport sceneries are loaded after. It will not affect the sceneries.

What you will notice is that in some places the way the airport scenery fits into the terrain is more obvious without a smooth transition.

The terrain files normally change the landclass, placement of towns, waterways etc. You will have to install mesh sceneries to compliment the picture with a more believable relief.

In effect I do not believe that given the way FS9 handles the textures you are ever going to get a real earth surface. Accept that you will need to make compromises, or use a different simulator in which you will also have to accept compromises.

I use Ultimate Terrain Europe and FS Genesis mesh. I needed patches to get some sceneries to fit into coastlines in Spain. It is not perfect but I found it improved my simulator experience.

The bottom line is, the better you want it, the more you have to pay with money and time. Make informed choices. Look at product screenshots and search for product reviews with screenshots. Compare different offerings.

Accept that you will still have to compromise. Choose the option you like best.

John
col1948
Major
Major

Re: Which World Scenery?

Post by col1948 »

Thanks John,
I normally fly around Europe so I'll look in those areas.