Advice please, how to resize AC repaint textures

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
col1948
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Advice please, how to resize AC repaint textures

Post by col1948 »

I am using FSrepaint but for some reason a couple of textures within the aircraft texture folder are what appears to be too big.
They are 2048 x 2048 instead of being 1024 x 1024, I have PSP 7 and DXTbmp on my PC.
If I open the BMP with DXTbmp then send them to PSP there is a function to resize but where do I go from there, it resizes but then when I come to save it changes the name to 'norm' or something, I thought I could just save and it kept everything as it was but just changed the size.

I was hoping there was an easier way, this seemed a bit long winded, any help appreciated.

Came back to Add:
OK now done it. :)
maiden757
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Advice please, how to resize AC repaint textures

Post by maiden757 »

Open the bmp in PSP7 and just go to image/resize and size it to the pixel size you need accordingly. Simple as that. :-)
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by Tranquil »

Col, you may want to try this little program ive been using for a while now https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/ once installed you can right click on an image and scroll down to resize, it gives you options to custom resize just put in 1024x1024 and click resize! and that setting will then stay like that, it will even retain the alpha :)

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
col1948
Major
Major

Post by col1948 »

Thanks Mark, I related to this thread in my other post about the GT-67 Basler, I used FSX textures for it.