ACM no vis

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
aerogator

ACM no vis

Post by aerogator »

Does anyone know why a few planes will not show up in the parameters and 3-D section of ACM? :?
Thanks, :)
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: ACM no vis

Post by MIKE JG »

Jake if you're talking about some AI aircraft, it seems to be related to how they are compiled with XML visibility/animations. For some reason, ACM can't figure out which parts it should display and which ones it shouldn't
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
maiden757
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by maiden757 »

I've had that problem with the Andras Neumann Piper models but there is something you can edit in,I think the model file. Don't ask me what though as I can't remember. Sorry
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

OK, thanks guys. Yes it is an AI model that I am creating. I've seen this before and never figured it out. There are XML animations that call for parts to disappear at a certain time so I guess that's it. I can see enough to set the contact points but I'll have to do the lights by trial and error. :)
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Try taking a copy of your model, strip all the animations out of it and compile it without XML or animations. That should give you a base 3D model to work off on in ACM.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log