FSDS V3.5 Upgrade for FSDSV2.xx users first or what???

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Chris
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

FSDS V3.5 Upgrade for FSDSV2.xx users first or what???

Post by Chris »

That's strange,

I went into the Abacus website to see something, and from the main screen, when I went in to the "product support", on the left side of the main page and then opened the FS Design studio V3 it is bringing you to "frequently asked questions" which includes info for FSX and....has a working button for ordering the V3.5 upgrade for FSDS 2.XX users for a price of course :shock:.

I haven't ordered as I'm using FSDS V3 and I suppose that I'll get it free but..

Of course the main page for the V3 is still the old one and has no other info apart that the V3.5 is planned to be released somewhere in the future - I hope soon :roll:

Does anybody checked that??
GrahamS
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by GrahamS »

The FSDS 3.5 update will be free for FSDS v3 users but the release date keeps on slipping, hopefully won't be too long now.
Which way is up?
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Thanks Graham. Can you keep us updated if you see it become available? Seems I have a tendency to miss those kind of things and I sure wouldn't want to miss that! :D
Chris
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Chris »

It seems I caused a misunderstanding :roll: Sorry about that. Probably is my poor english. Of course I agree that the upgrade will be free for the FSDS V3 users - it is written anyway there - but my question was to to do with what I saw in the pages I've described.

So the best way to find an answer was to ask..Abacus. Here is the mail I have sent them

"I just went in to the product support page of the FSDS V3.00 and I saw that there is a button for ordering and downloading the FSDS V3.5 upgrade (combatible with FSX) for FSDS V2.XX users at the price of 29 US dollars.

Is this real? Can I use it and get the V3.5 upgrade now or it is there for pre-ordering?"

Of course If and when I have an asnwer I'll post it here FYI. :D

Thanks

Chris
GrahamS
Captain
Captain

Post by GrahamS »

There used to be a button for the V3 upgrade as well but it was for pre order when the price was set at $17. Once that was scrapped the button was removed I believe. The v3.5 is still in Beta so the V2 upgrade will not be available yet.
Which way is up?
Chris
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Chris »

Graham you are right, I remember that and what you are describing is what I believe too. I knew that it was in beta so it cannot be true apart from the case that is there for pre-order. Unfortunately there is no text saying something like "available for pre-order". So, If you open the page and you are not aware of what is happening, you may think that the 3.5 is available and you may continue with order. :)

I don't know what can I say, We 'll see if we got the Abacus answer.

The only explanation I can give is that they are in progress to revise the pages before the actual release and they started from this page.. :D.
GrahamS
Captain
Captain

Post by GrahamS »

Hehe, I have noticed they can be a bit slow updating information at times. The anticipated release date was still shown as late March in June, makes you wonder which year they were talking about...LOL
Which way is up?
Chris
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Chris »

Finally I got the answer came from Abacus and of course...

"That is strickly a preorder of version 3.5. It is not out for downloading yet."

So that ends this issue.

Cheers :D

Chris
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Just an update, FSDS V3.5.1 is now availble and it does indeed fix the bugs that were giving some users, including myself, problems.

To get it, go back to their main website and click on the V3.5 download. Even though it still says v3.5, it has been changed and will indeed install version 3.5.1 .
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log