F-15E with RAF crew

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

F-15E with RAF crew

Post by CelticWarrior »

An article in this month's RAF News about a USAF F-15E crewed by two RAF aircrew on an exchange tour. The photo was taken by another RAF pilot in the other F-15E out of Seymour Johnson making up a two-ship crewed by three RAF aircrew of the four total.

From the praise written I wonder if they wished the UK MoD had bought this rather than the Tonka? :wink:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
jetmax
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by jetmax »

I have briefed both of these guys. They are both good guys, very easy to work with.
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: F-15E with RAF crew

Post by VulcanDriver »

CelticWarrior wrote:An article in this month's RAF News about a USAF F-15E crewed by two RAF aircrew on an exchange tour. The photo was taken by another RAF pilot in the other F-15E out of Seymour Johnson making up a two-ship crewed by three RAF aircrew of the four total.

From the praise written I wonder if they wished the UK MoD had bought this rather than the Tonka? :wink:
The problem is / was I believe related to two factors. One we had to prove we were good europeans so we went with the MRCA aka Tonka and second the Dollar / Pound exchange rate was not in the UK favour so buying any US a/c would have upset the balance of payments.

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy