Testing out a new panel, Intercept/Refueling

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
magic1085
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Testing out a new panel, Intercept/Refueling

Post by magic1085 »

Hey guys sorry for being so quiet recently, real life has interfered with my favorite hobby quite a bit this summer...but alas all is not lost, I have been working on a few things this summer.

But here are a few screenies of a new panel I have been playing with that should make AI spotting much more interesting!

If it is alright with the powers that be I will edit the post and link to the panel.

Beginning the Intercept of Delta 1983

Closing In Ever So Slowly

What Did You Say? Aux Tanks Dry? This is an Air Force Jet, we can't have that! Mid-Air Refueling is in order!

With the tanks all topped up, time to say hello to the unsuspecting victims, err, poor saps, err, passengers on Delta - a view from the VC

Wave For The Camera Mav

KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

kewl panel

Post by KevinJarvis »

I've recently installed this panel in my Kirk Olsson Vipers. It really is nice.
Aerial refuelling is lots of fun now. The nicest thing is you can refuel from ANY ai aircraft that you come into contact with.

It even includes SALS, which will help you land at any airport. I haven't gotten much practice with that yet as I've been intercepting aircraft all over the world too.

KJ
Isak922
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Isak922 »

First post here...

Where can I find that panel?! It looks amazing!
wilycoyote4
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by wilycoyote4 »

Thanks for the interesting work. Could you please reply or pm on how the panel works in flight, that is, what does the pilot observe?

For instance, what is the maximum range of AI detection? Are AI a/c selectable so one can be tracked for a refuel formation? How close must the AI be to refuel? Do tanks fill to 100% immediately or at a fill rate?

Is this for FS9 or FSX or both?

What is the SALS as refered to here? I have different understandings.

I've been piloting various a/c with tankers. Using the Kirk Olsson Viper's radar to find the tanker is a big help. Simulating refuel without actual boom connection by using the menu is ok but staying in the cockpit would be beter.

I understand that boom connection has been done in payware but have no idea of the details. I could be wrong.
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

I'm sure magic can tell you how this panel works.

I just searched avsim for an F16 panel and this is what I found.
I'm at work right now so I can't give you the file name.

KJ

PS
The name of the file is Air Show Tour panel.

KJ
wilycoyote4
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by wilycoyote4 »

Thank you, KJ, I'll give it a try.
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

BTW, it does come with several read me files instructing on how to use each feature.
KJ