African Region Question

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

African Region Question

Post by Victory103 »

Greg, Matrix manual states some packages are from 3rd party developers, I noticed the Botswana Def Forces didn't make it into the African Region update (paints for C-130,B200, D328 on Avsim)?

Separate North African region for the large Egyptian Forces?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: African Region Question

Post by Greg »

LOL... a lot of stuff didn't make it. If you expect everything that gets published on the net to show up in Matrix you're going to be disappointed with every update. ;)

Focus right now is on releasing the remaining 3 regions. The new C-130's in the African region were simply a nice extra since Jim already did the hard work converting them to FSX format.

When all 6 regions are out, focus will shift to adding more stuff to them, but be careful with false expectations.
bvanhout
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bvanhout »

Greg,

I have created flight plans for the Botswana C-130's and I am willing to share them.
If you like I am willing get the permission of the author of the Botswana C-130 repaint and the author of the ADE file for their home base of FBTP - Thebephatshwa and share these to add to a future Africa Matrix.

I also have flight plans (5 week cycle) for SAAF C-130's as well as ADE files done for all SAAF bases (my own work) as well as a good quality repaint done by a friend. With necessary permission I am willing to share the repaint and my flight plans and ADE files for a future Matrix Africa update.

Brian
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Excellent Brian. That's the spirit! :D

I'd be more than happy to integrate any 3rd party content that is offered. In fact, when NA is released I intend to publish instructions for devs who want to offer their content for inclusion into the Matrix regions.
bvanhout
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bvanhout »

Hi Greg,

Ok I have the permission already for the South African C-130 so will get that, the flight plans and the ADE files to you.

Cheers
Brian
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Looking forward to them Brian.
bvanhout
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bvanhout »

Greg,

The first part of the MAIW Africa addons has been sent.

Brian