new bases in work

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
bitburgeaglekeeper
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

new bases in work

Post by bitburgeaglekeeper »

HI all,

I have several scenery projects for airbases in work, mostally places that I was either stationed at or TDY to when I was in the Air Force. Needless to say from my screen name Bitburg willbe the center piece of these scenerys but theres still a lot of work to do there. the good news is Aalborg is almost complete.
Aalborg is a joint use airport/airbase in nothern Denmarck, The Danish Airforce has C-130 and F16 units based there, and the USAF, as well as other NATO allies regularly deploy there.
In addition to Aalborg and Bitburg Im also have, Holloman, and Deccimomannu in work.
Attachments
Aalborg
Aalborg
aalborg.gif (130.47 KiB) Viewed 1283 times
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Welcome Bitburg, are you doing custom scenery objects designed by yourself or using objects from a library that you are placing? Either way it's always good to see new scenery designers out there.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
bitburgeaglekeeper
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by bitburgeaglekeeper »

As of now all the main objests (buildings, Tab-Vees etc) are all being custom made, might use some objects from other liberys for trucks fire engines etc.
rocket_26_
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by rocket_26_ »

Well looks like there will be two Bitburg sceneries :) . Great to see more scenery designers, your work looks very nice.

Regarding Bitburg there is a MAIW Bitburg pack coming out in the very near future as a bonus pack for the MAIW Spangdahlem pack, with all paints/plans/scenery/callsigns.

Cheers

Ian
Cianofranc
Captain
Captain

Post by Cianofranc »

Decimomannu, Italy.
See this link:
[/url]http://www.awtideci.com/fs.asp
It's a great job!
Cheers
Luciano
Hook744
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by Hook744 »

Hey nice work there Bitburgeglekeeper..
Just a little information.
only 2 RDAF F-16 are stationed at EKYT Aalborg. The rest of the RDAF's F-16 are stationed at EKSP skrydstrup.
EKYT has 4 C-130j-30 and 3 C-604 challenger and 2-3 Saab Supporter.
+ 1 S-61A from Karup wing SAR.
Thats the aircraft thats normal is stationed at EKYT Aalborg.

Atm im trying to make a Scenery and AI pack for Skrydstrup..
Im close to be done with the flightplans and is about to start the Scenery, even tho i have no clue how to make it.. since im a newb at this..

Can you send me a PM with the RDAF numbers of F-16 you are using at EKYT. it would be stupid if we had the same number aircraft in the air at the same time.. :) if you understand.

BTW if anyone can help me with macros like Shelter's, hangars and so on it would be great..
im not very good at modelling stuff..
i use EZ-scenery to place stuff and trying to learn to use Gmax..

Hook744
Rotten Ralph
Captain
Captain

Bitburg's scenery

Post by Rotten Ralph »

Just looking at Bitburg's scenery picture & it got me thinking of a problem I always have when doing AFCAD's. Some of the taxiways/Hardstanding's are outside of the airfield's base texture. Is there anyway to get the base texture to envelope all of the upgraded AFCAD?.
P.S Nice scenery Bitburg.

Dave Lock
e.daalder
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by e.daalder »

Hi there,

is there any update on your Bitburg scenery? I'm in a desperate need of some USAFE bases :D