MAIW_NBAI_CH-47 help with new rotors...

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
Manschy
Major
Major
Version: P3D

MAIW_NBAI_CH-47 help with new rotors...

Post by Manschy »

Hi,

while getting back my skills in designing at RAF Gütersloh, I had a look at the CH-47 flightline of the 18Sqn stationed there.
While the real CH-47 have light hanging rotor blades, Nick Black's models come with straight rotors.

https://militaryaiworks.com/images/jdow ... t%2011.png

When some programmes were working with the scenery, I had some time to try to adjust the appearance of the rotors:

That looks good, but all experiments with the animations seem to fail. As soon as the push back mode starts, the still rotors disappear.

But once the push back mode stops, the animations appear correctly again with moving rotors after engine start:

So I need a little help to simply extend the part with the still rotors until the engine start...hopefully simple.

I can attach the mdl files if interested.
Regards, Manfred.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: MAIW_NBAI_CH-47 help with new rotors...

Post by John Young »

So, to test my understanding Manfred, The parked position of the helicopter has drooped rotors as you wanted. During the pushback, as per your screen shot, the rotors disappear completely, but when ready to taxi they appear again, un-dropped, as they should.

The still (drooped) rotors should still be visible with the pushback, so something is wrong there. I'm not sure what that is, but have you tried killing the pushback, with a blue node on the centre of the parking spot?

John
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Thank you for quick response, John.

Jap, I thought about that solution by modifying the parkings (which I have to do anyhow I am just thinking about...).
But this would be a stopgap in my opinion. I am more interested in how to extend the animation of the drooped rotors, until the engines start.
I know a little about object hierarchy and how to edit model parts inside. I exchanged the original drooped rotors by the new ones. But that done, these model parts lost their original animations and stay drooped also in-flight.
To prevent this, I use the "custom_vis_ground_velocity_00" option as a start. In this case, I got the described behaviour.
If I would know what kind of animation I have to add or which parametres I would have to change to extend the drooped property, that would solve the problem I guess....
Regards, Manfred.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Are you using custom xml for the rotors Manfred, or default "prop0_slow" etc?

John
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Firstly, I used the default commands inside the MCX settings. I do know too little about xml codes, but maybe there is an option to change some lines for a time extension...
Regards, Manfred.