Released: NAS Cubi Point 1989 retro package

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
raclim
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Released: NAS Cubi Point 1989 retro package

Post by raclim »

A couple of weeks back I released my Retro 1989 C-2A Greyhound package. One of the included units in that package, VRC-50, needed a home to fly from,so I hereby present to you a retro 1989 package for Naval Air Station Cubi Point in the Philippines. This package was created and tested in P3D V4.5.

This package contains scenery, flightplans and (links to) repaints for all the units stationed here in 1989 and some deployed units. A special thanks goes out to Dan reeves (shaggy22) for providing me the template which allowed me to create the new VRC-50 C-130 paints for John Young C-130B model.

Units stationed
VRC-50, flying the C-2A Greyhound, C-130F hercules and US-3A Viking (2 US-3A detached to Diego Garcia)
VC-5, A-4E Shyhawk and SH-3 Seaking

Deployed units:
VP-50, P-3C Orion (Deployment was split between Cubi Point and Diego Garcia)
VMFA-212, F/A-18 Hornet

Please read the included Readme carefully

Happy flying!

Randy Mulder
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Released: NAS Cubi Point 1989 retro package

Post by John Young »

Well done Randy. Very nice job.

John
Jorgen
Captain
Captain

Post by Jorgen »

An absolutely marvelous job, I'd say. When run through AIG's AFCAD converter, it works beautifully in P3D v. 5.4.

I have one issue, though - the taxiway signs are suspended at what looks like 300 feet in the air...

Jorgen
raclim
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by raclim »

Hi Jorgen,

Thank you for your kind words.
Regarding the taxiway signs, my scenery doesn’t include taxiway signs, so my guess is that they are the from the stock P3D V5 RPLB AFCAD.

I have no knowledge of the options in AIG’s AFCAD converter, but using Airport Design Editor (ADE) I can disable them by placing a exclusion zone. My guess is that AIG’s AFCAD converter doesn’t transfer the exclusion zone as it is included in the seperate _OBJ.bgl.

Have you tried to convert the AFCAD and the seperate _OBJ.bgl through ADE? Please let me know, I can guide you through of you need any help.

Randy
Jorgen
Captain
Captain

Post by Jorgen »

Randy, I'll give ADE a shot, I have created some exclusion zones before.

BTW: just sitting off the side of the runway, I watched a P-3C, a F/A-18 and the A-4 taxi out and take off. Very impressive!

Jorgen
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

For P3Dv5/6, the best way of dealing with stock objects that appear (and they will!) is to import the project into ADE, 'Load Stock Data' in the Tools menu, and select all of the categories in the list. You can then 'delete' the offending items, a process which actually creates micro-excludes, and this will prevent the taxi signs and stock buildings appearing in-sim. It also brings in the stock approaches. Most developers don't bother with making their own approaches, so this is a good way of providing the AI with something to work with. With P3Dv5, LM improved the accuracy of both airfield positions and the facilities associated with the airfields, including approaches, so it's a worthwhile process.