DISPLAY MENU ISSUES IN FS9

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Dzerzinsky
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

DISPLAY MENU ISSUES IN FS9

Post by Dzerzinsky »

I have recently installed a new graphics card on my system. Ever since doing this I cannot see the aircraft on the display menu where you choose an aircraft. I unistalled FS9 and reinstalled it but its still the same. If I set the sim display at 800 x ....... the aircraft are visible but anything above 1200 x .... and the area where the aircraft is indicated is black. I am sure this might be finger trouble but since im one of the only flight simmers in town theres nobody to help me.

Thanks
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by KevinJarvis »

I have heard of this on several forums.
What I know is that some of the new drivers for the newer video cards are causing this.

I believe the fix is to roll back the drivers to an older version.

Search avsim and I think you'll find an answer to this situation.

KJ
Kevin Jarvis

GrahamS
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by GrahamS »

It is just as likely with installing a new graphics card that the supplied drivers are out of date and you need to download the latest.
Which way is up?
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Hi there,

I would hazard a guess that you're using an Nvidia Graphics card.

They have a problem with the black screen when you have the Anti-aliasing set above 4x.

One way to get round this is to use Windowed display rather than full screen for the sim. Or keep AA at 4x or less.

The main thing is that it's not a problem with you or your system, just one of these small glitches that come with the card.

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
scottr5213
Captain
Captain

Post by scottr5213 »

I had this problem with my Nvidia card, and what Nvidia and microsoft said was to set your AA with the graphics program and not flight simulator. Once I did that I was able to go into flightsimulator and crank the heck out of the settings.
Dzerzinsky
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dzerzinsky »

Thanks, will most definitely try this.