OPSEC

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
Greg073
Cadet
Cadet

OPSEC

Post by Greg073 »

I understand you all want different military bases to be as realistic as possible, but some of what you discuss in the forum is a serious breach of OPSEC. You military folk please think about what you are releasing to the public. The enemy is always watching, listening and in this case reading. I'm especially referring to deployment schedules of units.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by djnocturnal »

please give an example or link to a thread discussing this.
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up before. See it on a bunch of other forums. I'm not sure where you're seeing a breach of OPSEC. All things like serials, number of operational aircraft, flightplans, etc... can be(and are) easily obtained throughout the internet as well as simply going to a base perimeter and spotting. Wings/squadrons rotating out for deployment are released to the public as well... it's not a secret. How can it be a breach of OPSEC if it's released through official channels?
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

If you look at our packages none of them EVER display any accurate deployments of Aircraft or any information on loadouts and schedules that are SECRET, CLASSIFIED or even RESTRICTED in nature. Being in the Military myself, I am very aware of OPSEC and make sure that I NEVER include anything that is in any way a breach of security. All the flightplans of our aircraft are fictitious and follow the routes of known flights that can be seen usually from pictures on airliners.net etc. The timings are not accurate and the types of load are not accurate. As SMOC said all our info is obtained from online resources and is not a reflection of real world, current operations and therefore does not breach OPSEC. Rest assured that the lives of those military personnel serving on operations worldwide, who I am (at the moment) a member, are always in our thoughts and we would never do anything to jeapordise that.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Damn, are we that accurate? Great job guys!
/rolls eyes
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

:lol: wow....and its locked folks...