Military AI for FSX

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
ofcbill
Cadet
Cadet

Military AI for FSX

Post by ofcbill »

These are some great programs. Do we have any in the works for FSX?
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by djnocturnal »

don't think they are making em for fsx yet, but i know there are people on this forum that have converted them to work in fsx...personally i don't know how, i can't get more than 4fps on it even with sp1 so i'm sticking with fs9 for now, as i'm sure many others have similar issues.
maybe someone will make a write up on how to get em to work in fsx?
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

I have every single MAIW package working in FSX. It isn't an issue. I'd happily write a guide for this, but I get the feeling that it wouldn't be welcome on here.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by Ford Friendly »

Not welcome? Why not?

The more options people have the better, right?

I wasn't going to move to FSX for the foreseeable future. Then my XP/FS9-configured pc literally burned up. Bought a new one and configured it the same way and began playing with FSX because I am a masochist. Then the hard drive was trashed(dropped) in a move to a new apartment. I've just bought a third pc and am now beginning to experiment(again) with Vista/FSX because Vista came with the computer, I had FSX on a shelf and the girlfriend bought me a joystick and pedals which should make flying really enjoyable.

So, a guide to how to make the MAIW packages work in FSX would allow me to replace the mediocre-to-poor models of the MyTraffic package I stuck in just to get SOME traffic on the military bases.

I had almost figured out how to do it before dropping the computer/hard drive - but I only just now got things re-installed and semi-tweaked.

If people don't like what you offer, they don't have to download or use it.

Right?
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

As far as I know, no one here is anti-FSX, just not yet ready to make the move because (fill in your reason here), but all of us will eventually make the move. I think that a well written/illustrated how-to made into a sticky would be appreciated by many. This question has come up many times already, so perhaps it should be delt with. If the how-to appeared, I'd sure get a copy right away, because when I eventually make the move, I don't intend to leave behind all of my MAIW packages -- no how, no way!

Ron
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

We would never ever discourage that kind of guide. And we would gladly make it into a sticky.

The main reason we don't offer any support for FSX is that none of us on the staff, save for maybe one person, even has FSX. So we, as a group, know very little about it or how our packages behave in it.

In addition we have no means of controlling parking inside of FSX via a program such as AFCAD. There is no version of AFCAD for FSX, there probably won't be since its designer has left the flight sim world. There is the payware program that is similar to AFCAD, but being payware, only one of our staff memebers has it, and he reports that it isn't user friendly.

So until such time that the majority of us switch to FSX and a viable, free program becomes available to write flightplans and create airports and parking spaces, we won't be designing packages for FSX.

As Celtic has mentioned, they can be successfully converted to FSX with a little work, so for now, we're ok with that.

Again we would gladly welcome a guide to using our packages in FSX.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
f14driver

Post by f14driver »

There's a Freeware version of an afcad like program available.
I've used it only once due to too little time, but has about the same look and feel as the good old afcad.

It's created by ScruffyDuck, it's called Airport Design Editor and can be found here :

http://www.scruffyduck.com/

The actual download is here, the above one is the page for ADE:

http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

OK. If people would like I'll write a guide to installing MAIW packages in FSX. But believe me, it isn't hard to do!

:lol:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
ChrisG
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ChrisG »

CelticWarrior wrote:OK. If people would like I'll write a guide to installing MAIW packages in FSX. But believe me, it isn't hard to do!

:lol:
OK, first post and it's:

YES PLEASE!!!!!!

I'd simply love to have MAIW's Lakenheath on FSX. From everyone I've spoken to it's a great package, and as I have FSX I can't use it yet :(

I for one am looking forward to this guide very much!
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Under construction - now that the lunacy is over for a few days.
ChrisG
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ChrisG »

Great :D
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Version 1.0 has been superseded and moved to it's own topic.
Last edited by CelticWarrior on 27 Dec 2007, 07:54, edited 2 times in total.
ChrisG
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ChrisG »

OK, so far it's great, but I'm stuck with the voicepacks.

I've downloaded the FSX CTP version and there is no-where to Import the files? :?
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

The CTP version doesn't allow import of voicepacks, AFAIK. Use 3.1 and follow the guide :D
ChrisG
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ChrisG »

OK, will do!
ChrisG
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ChrisG »

I'm afraid I can go no further, it says I need to install .NET, I have Vista, so I know it's installed :?
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Sorry, I should have added that caveat. I don't have Vista, al files tested on XP.
ChrisG
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ChrisG »

Not a problem, now you know, EVP3.1 doesn't work on Vista, the CTP version does, however.

Everything else worked fine, I know have Lakenheath and Whiteman installed :D
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Have you read all the notes for the CTP?
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by djnocturnal »

GREAT tutorial! Hopefully someday i can get a better pc to run fsx on, i can run it but it has to be on very minimal settings which is no fun :(
thanks for the write up!!