Wake Island (PWAK) scenery at avsim

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Wake Island (PWAK) scenery at avsim

Post by Joseph29 »

For those that are interested John Stinstrom made a very good photo scenery for Wake Island (PWAK). It is very good scenery, although there is 2 static Orion planes in the scenery that I do not like. (The file name is pwak_j.zip)

Do any Air Force planes still go to Wake Island?
Calvin Gwin
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Calvin Gwin »

Check the scenery files for any .bgl's that say anything about Orions or static planes... I find that most designers have options to remove static aircraft.
Aren't you a little fat to be a Stormtrooper?
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Calvin Gwin wrote:Check the scenery files for any .bgl's that say anything about Orions or static planes... I find that most designers have options to remove static aircraft.
Did that but there wasn't any.
Calvin Gwin
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Calvin Gwin »

If you dont want them you could shoot off an Email to the designer, I'm surprised that the statics are not optional, unless they are part of some museum I would not want them there either.
Aren't you a little fat to be a Stormtrooper?
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

The vast majority of FS users don't use the program like we do. That's why FSX contains nothing new AI-wise. So I am not surprised to see designers add things like statics.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
ricktk
Captain
Captain

Post by ricktk »

John has just come out with some yellow and green military ground support equipment for this scenery and others. They are all part of scenery object libraries.

I know he was very helpful to me with questions I had on his WWII blimp sceneries. I was surprised that on the Wake Isl. scenery, he placed the static aircraft not in a separate bgl file, as he did on the blimp sceneries. Maybe if asked, he might correct that so they could be removed if so desired.
Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Do any planes planes from the current MAIW packages go to Wake?

I know I could use Ttools to get the airport list for each package but there are a lot of packages. I thought someone might know of the top of their head.

I don't think I would keep the scenery if no military planes go to Wake anymore. And I know John made a AI pack for the scenery, but I like to keep my FS2004 like the real world, so if no planes go to Wake in the real world then no planes go to Wake in my sim.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Joseph, I don't know of any of our packages that use Wake to transit aircraft back and forth.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

Since 1974, Wake Island has served as a launch platform for military rockets involved in testing anti-missile systems and atmospheric re-entry trials. As such, it would not be out of place to assume that military cargo and personnel transport planes do fly there - both regularly and irregularly.