New transport hubs for logistics

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

New transport hubs for logistics

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

The New "Red Ball" Runs: McGuire AFB, N.J., one of USAF's new hubs for shipments to Southwest Asia (McGuire and Dover AFB, Del., have supplanted Charleston AFB, S.C. in that role) sent off its first "Red Ball Express" flight on New Year's Eve. The Air Force inaugurated an earlier "Red Ball Express," utilizing C-141s flying out of Travis AFB, Calif., to support operations in Southeast Asia. Late last year, USAF announced it would shift its SWA cargo flights from Charleston to the northeast bases to save time and money. McGuire now flies the new C-17 airlifter and the KC-10 tanker/cargo aircraft.

From AF Daily Report 9 Jan 08
GZR_SACTARGETS
drydocker
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by drydocker »

I guess i wont be seeing so much 747s here in Charleston or is that just the military flights fling out of the northeast.
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

I don't know. I would guess mostly military aircraft.
GZR_SACTARGETS
drydocker
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by drydocker »

well it looks like evan the charter cargo flights are flying out of McGuire to. We haven't had a 747 for the military for the air force for over a week. i looked on the "flightaware" page for KWRI and they have the flight going to them.