Hickam AFB/Honolulu Intl AFCAD

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Jumpshot724
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Hickam AFB/Honolulu Intl AFCAD

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Ladies and gents I am pleased to announce that I have just completed an AFCAD for Hickam AFB/Honolulu International Airport. Both the military base and the airport terminals have accurate parking spots/parking codes, though they are not 100% they are close enough where you shouldn't notice unless you live on the base....or in the terminal lol. I will post some screenshots soon.

As always, PM me with your email address so I can send it to you.
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

st george

Post by st george »

Currently working on this scenery. will post some screen shots soon. :wink:
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

That was one of our very first packages that we released with WoAI, brings back the memories.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Did you have this mate with any of the add-on sceneries available?

Ron
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

No it's for the default scenery
-Joe W.

sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Have you tried the Honolulu scenery by Bill Melichar (avsim)? He made some of the Hawaiian airports.
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by djnocturnal »

i thought the maiw hickam c-17 package came with an afcad for bills PHNL scenery?
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

sprocky wrote:Have you tried the Honolulu scenery by Bill Melichar (avsim)? He made some of the Hawaiian airports.
Bill's scenery only has Honolulu. But if you download dbwsimhickam04.zip you can use that Hickam scenery with Bill's Honolulu scenery. I don't know how good they are though because I use Lago's Honolulu scenery (Although Lago did nothing for Hickam).
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

The MAIW Hickam C-17 package has two afcads, one for the default Hickam/PHNL setup and the other for the freeware sceneries of Bill Melichar for PHNL and DBW for Hickam.
-Mike G.

ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

And IMHO those two sceneries are 'Aces', and will really make your eyes light up. There is also a Pearl Harbour scenery that meshes with the Hickham scenery well, giving you docks, ships etc. I think there may be a texture file that can sometimes cause a CTD, but it could be that I hadn't cleared enough memory before starting to fly around in the area. Never the less, when you put the three together the effect is over the top. To that, edit and add Dan B's Alaska and Pacific Islands packages found on avsim (substitute Nick B's F-15's) and you will have a rockin' Honolulu. Well worth the effort.

Ron
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Either later or tomorrow I am going to see if the DBW Hickam scenery works with the Lago Honolulu scenery. Lago made Honolulu pretty good but they didn't even touch Hickam (They have aprons for Hickam, but that's it).
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

ronniegj wrote:And IMHO those two sceneries are 'Aces', and will really make your eyes light up. There is also a Pearl Harbour scenery that meshes with the Hickham scenery well, giving you docks, ships etc. I think there may be a texture file that can sometimes cause a CTD, but it could be that I hadn't cleared enough memory before starting to fly around in the area. Never the less, when you put the three together the effect is over the top. To that, edit and add Dan B's Alaska and Pacific Islands packages found on avsim (substitute Nick B's F-15's) and you will have a rockin' Honolulu. Well worth the effort.

Ron
Unfortunately on my system, if I fire all that up at once, including normal airline traffic at PHNL, all I get is a slide show. But it's fun to watch. :wink:
-Mike G.

Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Unfortunately on my system, if I fire all that up at once, including normal airline traffic at PHNL, all I get is a slide show. But it's fun to watch.
And that's why mine is for the default :wink:
-Joe W.

Trebor
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Hiackam AFB/Honolulu Intl AFCAD

Post by Trebor »

if you aren't planning to make this package compatible with Bill Melichar's PHNL scenery, it might be a good idea to. his scenery is just too awesome to not have the military AI at their right parking spots as the finishing touch.
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Re: Hiackam AFB/Honolulu Intl AFCAD

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Is it freeware? If not than to be honest I won't be working with it.

Please feel free anyone to edit what I've done thus far, just give credit where it's due that's all I ask.
-Joe W.