Boeing Dream Lifter

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
Paul
Captain
Captain

Boeing Dream Lifter

Post by Paul »

I was browsing around Project Opensky's website the other day and came across this beauty. They did an excellent job.

Boeing has 2 of them in service now and is in the process of making a 3rd one( if it isn't already in service), to carry parts for the 787 Dreamliner. I've seen them at KPAE and KBFI

I took that picture last summer at KPAE.

Paul

PS. If you download it you'll have to adjust the payload and fuel because it's to heavy to takeoff before she reaches the end of the runway.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Cool, nice find!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
drydocker
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by drydocker »

I would like to find it in AI model. I get them here at KCHS regularly. They are going to have one on display at the Charleston AFB open day on the 26th April. It is a beutiful aircraft.
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

I am not a modeller so please allow this question:

Is it hard for a modeller to convert his flyable aircraft to an AI one? I know a bit about the LOD's and sure there may be a different *.air file needed. Would it be easier to create a new model from scratch instead of converting the flyable one? (No, I am not going into modelling - just want to understand the modellers a bit better :wink: )
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

You cannot convert a User model into an AI model. For a start you are looking at a model that has possibly 30000 polys to one with less than 4000. It is not simply a factor of ammending some small details, you would need to create a completely seperate model. Also User models are usually 1LOD and AI models are multi LOD and usually have many different animations and the usual control surfaces dont work.

I could elaborate more but I'd go on all day about it.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
meatyllama
Cadet
Cadet

Dreamlifter

Post by meatyllama »

This is becoming quite a regular visitor at Prestwick nowadays sharing the ramp with the more prevalent AN124. Weird looking thing though.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Hopefully one of the TFS or AIA or even PAI modelers will produce this in an AI format.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

That would be great if they did. But I'm not holding my breath for it because there's only 3 right now. There are more Airbus Belugas and they've been around alot longer and no ones made an AI version of one of those.
Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

There is a AI Beluga by Mehlin Rainer at avsim ai_airbus_beluga.zip along with a paint kit paintkit_ai_beluga.zip

Paul