FSX users?

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

FSX users?

Post by Ford Friendly »

Just out of curiosity, how many of you are using FSX for your military AI traffic now?

I ask for a couple reasons, one of which is to identify a couple people who might be able to test some things I've done/am doing on their setups as a prelude to maybe uploading to avsim.

I'm also wondering if you ARE using FSX, what mesh(es) and landclass(es) are you using? I'm primarily using FSGenesis' v2 mesh for the US and the FSG v1 mesh for the rest of the world. My landclass preference is the FSG landclass for the US and either Ultimate Terrain or Scenery Tech landclass packages elsewhere (primarily Europe and Asia - I tend not to fly in the Southern Hemisphere except for Australia occasionally [where I use Voz's stuff).

There are also a few small area 2004 and FSX landclass files for some airports that I'm using which I found on avsim.

Another reason, as hinted at when I posted those pics of what I was trying with Rota, Spain, is incorporating photoscenery with afcads is my preference - but populating certain areas with "realistic" autogen and terrain features seems almost system specific --- without someone else to compare to, I'm not sure this is a valid supposition.

Like I said, mostly just curious.
GrahamS
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by GrahamS »

Yes I am using FSX almost exclusively now, but am involved with development of FSX utilities so not available for testing right now.
Which way is up?
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

I suppose it'll come as no surprise to find that I use FSX exclusively now. Mesh by FSGlobal and landclass by Scenery tech.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

FS9 is gone since half a year. It is FSX, FSGlobal, UTX Europe and MAIW.
Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Holy Cheese »

FSX only for me as well, with following add-ons:

FS Genesis mesh
UTX USA and Canada
UTX Europe
FTX AU Blue
FTX AU Gold

Cheers
Jack
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

Guys, how many FPS do you achieve?
Do you use something called "DX10 preview"?
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

First, thanks to those who have responded.

Rip, I do not use DX-10 preview. Despite the SP2 update, I notice no benefit in exchange for the loss in fps.

In DX-9, I get anywhere from 6 to 35 fps depending on where I fly (I normally see low 20s) - and, of course, my settings, which are:
AI - all air traffic set to 71%
Ships - 5/5
Vehicles - airport - 0, road traffic - 0

Scenery complexity - Very dense
Autogen density - dense
Lod detail - Large
Mesh complexity - 100/resolution 7cm
Water effects - Mid 2x

System
AMD 64X2 4400+ 2.3GHZ//4GB RAM//Vista 32 SP1
Video nVidia 6800GTS 360mb

((FWIW, when I last flew FS9 before losing my HDD/installation, I was getting between 45 and 65 fps with the same setup less the HDD.))