RIAT Cancelled on Sunday

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

RIAT Cancelled on Sunday

Post by CrazyDunc »

http://www.airtattoo.com/airtattoo/News ... LED_SUNDAY
AIR TATTOO CANCELLED SUNDAY

The organisers of the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire announce that the airshow on Sunday, July 13 will not go ahead.

The decision was taken following lengthy discussions between the organisers, police and other safety services. It was based on concerns for our visitors and the disappointing conclusion was that we could not fully safeguard them.

The public is asked not to travel to RAF Fairford tomorrow.

Despite a huge effort by everyone involved to improve the conditions of the waterlogged public car parks, it became clear by mid-afternoon today (July 12) that significant areas of the fields and of the showground remain unusable.

Air Tattoo Director Tim Prince said: “We have been working around the clock to improve the conditions on the airfield and in the car parks but unfortunately we have run out of time.

“Many people will be desperately disappointed but I would like to assure them that we have tried everything possible within the time available.

“Having worked towards this airshow for the past 12 months, my team at the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises and our band of 3,000 enthusiastic and loyal volunteers share the huge sense of frustration.”

The senior Police commander for the Air Tattoo, Supt Tony Godwin, said; “It is with deep regret that the decision has been made to cancel the Royal International Air Tattoo on both days. This decision was not made lightly. It was made in the interest of those visiting or working at the event.

“We would like to take this opportunity to thank those who had been planning to attend the airshow, for their cooperation and understanding.”

The Air Tattoo has set up a helpline advising customers how to claim ticket refunds as this cannot be done from the base itself. Details of ticket refunds are available from the website at www.airtattoo.com or call the Air Tattoo Helpline on 01285 713300.
Regards,
Dunc
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Can you ask them all to move to Culdrose on the 30th as thats my next show.
Never seen a Raptor before

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Lets hope Farnborough is ok. And also the big airshow at Bournemouth (3 days) over the August Bank Holiday (and its free!). No Raptor though...

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy