Qantas jet makes emergency landing in Sydney

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
mr.bean
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Qantas jet makes emergency landing in Sydney

Post by mr.bean »

MACC
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by MACC »

another Qantas Jet??
johnfromoz

Post by johnfromoz »

Lost count of how many situations they have had lately. Maybe we need to move to "exception reporting" such as "Qantas airliner achieves uneventful flight - first for this quarter". 8)

I decided about 2 years ago I would rather walk than fly Qantas!
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

Didn't they outsource all their maint to Malaysia?
I have flown them a few times and had no problems....but had a friend who was on a QANTAS LINK Turboprob that was about to take off and their was a as he said "overwealming" smell of fuel in the passenger compartment.. next thing fire tenders all around and my mate said he nearly crapped his pants!

Barry
Barry
johnfromoz

Post by johnfromoz »

Yes, you're right. And just this minute I see we have another incident today - http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24 ... =public_js !

Current affairs programs, which in general are not worth much, have been onto them over the last year about the outsourcing to Singapore and the Philippines, especially the latter. Maintenance sheets have come back signed off for 50-plus hour jobs done in one day, power busses fixed with staples, and Qantas execs sandbagging rather than answering directly.

Aussie engineers have checked alleged work and found it not done.

My own differences began two years ago when they messed up bookings from end to end, different staff gave conflicting information, and assured us of services they didn't deliver. I heard more and more such tales from family and friends. The recent safety issues just make me feel comfy in my decision.