Smokey SAM

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
firehawkordy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Smokey SAM

Post by firehawkordy »

Before I find out the hard way I want to know if this is possible, can a smoke effect be made the travels from ground to air be made using the SDK? If so, is there a way to trigger it while about 8-9 miles out?

I want to make a Smokey SAM like the ones I saw at the range in Barking Sands. Got to see them at night representing SA-16's, quite a sight, especially with no moon and no man made lights, I figure that a trail going near you would get your attention, even more for a VA doing a SEAD flight.

I would be grateful for any help or info. I don't expect to be led by the hand, just a push in the right direction.
Naval Aviation Ordnance

PEACE THROUGH POWER
WE ARE THE ARMS OF THE FLEET
firehawkordy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by firehawkordy »

Update to my above post,

Using Instant Scenery I was able to place a flare effect at an angle and heading of my choosing. I placed two of these effects on a "mobile SAM" from the old Fallon Target scenery. Works and looks okay. I'm going to add this to the SAM Sight on the MAIW Goldwater range scenery. Hopefully I'll be able to get some shots of it.
Naval Aviation Ordnance

PEACE THROUGH POWER
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by theoklahomaaviator »

Thats awesome, I don't know if you saw my post here: http://www.militaryaiworks.com/forum/vi ... php?t=4957 but I'd sure be interested in seeing some screens of what you have there. Sounds promising. :D
-Adam
firehawkordy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by firehawkordy »

I'll try to get some screens, the effect seems to fire when I'm doing something else however. It is scary though, last night online a friend of mine were checking the placement of one "SAM" and it fired off right past his tail.

The effect came from the ones in the Scevolution download, I got it at AVSIM or Flightsim not too long ago. I'll see exactly what effect I used and let you know.
Naval Aviation Ordnance

PEACE THROUGH POWER