What I am Adding to my Miltary AI

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
flyboy
Major
Major
Version: MSFS

What I am Adding to my Miltary AI

Post by flyboy »

My latest project has been the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), Army (RAA) and Navy (RAN). Attached is the aircraft listing for what I have found. Working on some basic flightplans to populate the Aussie skys.. I did find a RAAF AI package, alot of scenery that goes welll with the AI, a few paints as part of VOZ AI package, and a lot of digging thru sites.

The only aircraft I could not find is:

Beech King Air 350 (there is a Beech King Air B200 available)
CH-47D (found model but no paints, substitute)
Tiger ARH (found model but no paints, substitute)
SH-2G(A) (found model but no paints, substitute)

Starting flightplanning segment next...

NOTE: I lived in Neutral Bay, New South Wales for a year in the 1970s and learned to fly (where I got my pilot training) at the Royal Aero Club at Bankstown Airport. Guess it has changed alot since then...

Still wish I could go to Manley Beach......
Last edited by flyboy on 27 Nov 2006, 15:28, edited 2 times in total.
Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way!
flyboy
Major
Major

Post by flyboy »

Compiling Traffic_Australian Military.bgl

Airport Count: 150
Aircraft Count: 90
Flight Plans: 640 Legs: 4300

So I think that will be enought to crowd the skies a little in the land down under....

Will have to do some adjusting to check AFCADs for additional parking..... I already recoded them to my M Code and radius system and it works well.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

At avsim there is scenery of RAAF Richmond, Amberley, East Sale, and Williamtown. These sceneries are pretty good. (I have them installed)

(The file name is raaf-bases.zip)
flyboy
Major
Major

Post by flyboy »

Thats the one I got plus alot more. The Aussie guys (and girls) have done alot of excellent scenery to show off their country.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Hi there,

Just to make sure that you know that the RAAF C-130's will be part of the Exotic Alberts Part 1 package. Don't want you having un-necessary work!

Also for your info there is an RAAF ai package on Aussim. Actually Mal Lloyd who did the plans for that one, gave us permission use his plans for the Alberts :D

Cheers

Stewart 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
flyboy
Major
Major

Post by flyboy »

Here are some screenies of the aircraft I found and now using..... Once again you have to do some digging in order to find what you need.....
flyboy
Major
Major

Post by flyboy »

More screenies...
flyboy
Major
Major

Post by flyboy »

Few more...
flyboy
Major
Major

Post by flyboy »

Some more....
flyboy
Major
Major

Post by flyboy »

Some more....
flyboy
Major
Major

Post by flyboy »

Last ones....
flyboy
Major
Major

Post by flyboy »

All scenery is from RAAF AI package plus some I found at different sites. Aircraft and helicopters can be found at most major flight sim sites. Paints (F18, PC9s, C-130 thanks to Mr. King)
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

I don't know how you missed my earlier post - so I'll say it again;

Just to make sure that you know that the RAAF C-130's will be part of the Exotic Alberts Part 1 package

See also: http://www.militaryaiworks.com/preview.html
and: http://www.militaryaiworks.com/forum/vi ... .php?t=437

Cheers

Stewart 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
StealthHellion
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by StealthHellion »

The exotic Alberts package will be an excellent "gap-filler", looking forward to it!!
flyboy
Major
Major

Post by flyboy »

I know the C-130s are part of a upcoming package..... Just working my own little projects to fill the Aussie sky...just like I did the Royal Air Force, Turkish Air Force, Canadian Air Force, Belgium Air Force, US Air Force, ....you get my meaning......

I would not have over 7500 aircraft flying if I was not willing to dig for models, make flightplans, look for paints and scenery. Thats my point..
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Yeah I think I get your meaning. You're going to be a member of MAIW but do your own thing. Nothing wrong with that, just tried to save you a hell of a lot of work and also point out that there are loads of "as yet untouched" areas which would have been nice had you employed your time doing something new, for all of us to enjoy.

Stewart 8)
Stew

flyboy
Major
Major

Post by flyboy »

Stewart

All I try to do is show that there is a way to add military and other AI in FS. With a little digging, I have found most everything I need. I will be glad to share anything that I have done. The reason I add my own traffic is that:

(1) I use alot of "flyable" aircraft due to no AI models available. Alot of people are waiting for AI dedicated models due to framerates. Me, I make the flyable ones work with a little extra effort.

(2) I also add other service aircraft like Army, Navy, Marine, Coast Guard etc. I do not concentrate on Air Force only. That way I have a nice mix of AI traffic. When packages cover every aircraft and every service then you got something...

(3) I also add ships and Naval traffic. Alot of people don't care for that part of it but to me it adds scenery enhancement.

(4) I set up my AFCADs to work with my heavy AI load. I use M Code and radius parking only. Totally different than what everyone else uses but it works. That means I re-AFCAD every AFCAD I download or use to make it work, alot of extra work...you bet.

(5) I have over 1000 models installed, 85% of them are flyable models that I made into AI. Are they perfect, no...do they serve the purpose...yes. If I have to wait for a AI dedicated model for every military AI that we need, I will be here along time.....

I have enjoy the MAIW packages and look forward to each and every one. I might have to modify some of it but that is what works for me. I have been working on this since FS2002 I feel I can figure some of it out.

"and I just find it completely strange that the gentleman would consider his time well spent duplicating that which is or has been done. (in this case the RAAFai package)"

You said that the RAAF C-130's will be part of the Exotic Alberts Part 1 package. Is not that a duplication of effort since Mal has already done the RAAF AI package that you refer to.
Last edited by flyboy on 23 Nov 2006, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Well said, Flyboy. Your efforts have always been appreciated. Still have many of your small packages flying around in my virtual skies!
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

[quote="flyboyYou said that the RAAF C-130's will be part of the Exotic Alberts Part 1 package. Is not that a duplication of effort since Mal has already done the RAAF AI package that you refer to.[/quote]

Almost, but not quite. We are updating to the HTAI model and including textures for each aircraft.

Cheers

Stewart 8)
Stew

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

I've installed VOZ AI but I can't see any aircraft at RAAF Amberley. Any clues why not. AI is turned up to 100%, what scenery are you using?

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy