The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Multiplayer w/ AI

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
evvtsa
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Multiplayer w/ AI

Post by evvtsa »

I think there was a question in the forums awhile ago about being able to fly multiplayer and still have the AI aircraft also. I fly for a VA that uses a couple of different pilot client programs to connect online. Mainly we use FSINN, and when you connect to the server you lose all the AI which is typical.
Well last night we were using another program that provides a smoother connection and is great to use for formation flying/aerial refueling. It is called IBNET. Besides the smoothness of the other aircraft, I found that depending on how you connect to a multiplayer server you can also have AI aircraft as well.

www.ibirdsoft.altervista.org is the site for the program.

A couple of other features of this program is you can see the animations of the other multiplayer aircraft like opening/closing exits, smoke effects, flaps, control surfaces (ailerons/elevators/rudder).
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Which VA are you flying with?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
evvtsa
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by evvtsa »

The VUSN

www.vusn.org
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Hello there Hoosier. And welcome to MAIW.

From another Hoosier living in the wilderness that is known as Illinois. :lol:
Kevin Jarvis

evvtsa
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by evvtsa »

Hello Kevin,
Thanks for the welcome. I actually lived in Southern Illinois when I was younger prior to moving to Indiana.
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by theoklahomaaviator »

to be able to see other aircraft animations do you guys use Ibeffects.ini Generator or just the IBNETPLAYER by itself will allow you to see the other guys animations???
evvtsa
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by evvtsa »

Just the IBNET Player. When you run the installer it adds a window in each panel you want the IBNET player to be installed in. When you do that it also makes a backup panel.cfg and an effects.ini for the aircraft. The IBNET player itself, I think, will allow you to see the animations.

I do know IBNET is particular in the aircraft it shows. Not only do you have to have whatever aircraft that the other person is flying for it to show correctly, but it has to be in the same folder name and aircraft name in the aircraft cfg file. If you don't have it, it will default to whatever you are flying. Payware aircraft are usually not a problem until you get into additional repaints.

Bill