A question for MAIW.

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

A question for MAIW.

Post by theoklahomaaviator »

I was wondering at what % do i need to have my FS9 traffic slider set at to see ALL the Military traffic? I really don't care to see the GA/Commerc. traffic and I have read in various places that some set up the flight plans so that if you have the slider at 1% you will see the traffic. Just trying to squeeze a few FPS here ;) thanks guys!
-Adam

P.S. If I decompile the traffic files where could I find that entry where I could make it so only 1% is required to receive all the military traffic for that particular set of flight plans. Please excuse me as I am a novice in the AI department.
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by KevinJarvis »

When you decompile the flightplans, you will see a percentage amount. That tells you when you need to know.
I run with mine at the lowest setting available so that I see everything.
Kevin Jarvis

Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

Hi Adam,
When you decompile the traffic file, it would be under the flightplans

AC#1,160509,20%,WEEK,VFR,1/19:42:08,TNG1/20:01:49,025,F,0010,KNFE,1/20:06:44,1/20:23:58,025,F,0010,KNTU

Looking at the MAIW flightplans, there's a range between 10% to 60% in each one. To me, it seems like alot of work to change them. The only way you'd be saving that much FPS is if your flying around major airports.

Paul
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Well thank you very much guys for your help. That answers my question completly. Thanks again!
-Adam
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

Adam

Set your slider at 100% in FS( and you will see all the taffic

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Paul wrote:Hi Adam,
When you decompile the traffic file, it would be under the flightplans

AC#1,160509,20%,WEEK,VFR,1/19:42:08,TNG1/20:01:49,025,F,0010,KNFE,1/20:06:44,1/20:23:58,025,F,0010,KNTU

Looking at the MAIW flightplans, there's a range between 10% to 60% in each one. To me, it seems like alot of work to change them. The only way you'd be saving that much FPS is if your flying around major airports.

Paul
If I wanted to decompile them and change them to 1% would the format be 1% OR 01%. I just need to know if I need that 0 in there or not. Thanks!
-Adam
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

oops double post.
Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

Hi Adam, good question.... I'm not sure. You can always start it at 1%. Then when you compile it, if an error comes up try 01%.

Paul
Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

OOOPs I got a doudle post too

Paul
jyugueros
Cadet
Cadet

Post by jyugueros »

In your FS9 settings you have Traffic Percent:
This specifies at what level of the FS ‘Traffic Percent’ setting the AI will appear. If this is 60% then the AI traffic will only appear if the traffic percent control is 60% or greater. If you run with 100% traffic all the time then this value is not important.
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

well what I'm after is setting my preferences slider to 1% and see ALL the aircraft included with MAIW packages. I really don't care to see any of the default fs9 general and commercial aviation traffic. So in order to do that I need to decompile the traffic.bgl files and change the percintage that they will appear to 1% thus requiring 1% setting in the sim for it to load that flight plan. my question is in the decompiled flight plan do I change the %s to 1% or 01%???
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

1 is fine
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

thank you Dan!
evvtsa
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by evvtsa »

Would it be easier just to remove the stock traffic.bgl?
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

yes, but this way I'll have all the military traffic all the time and my traffic preferences slider will basically just set the GA/Commercial traffic as desired.
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

theoklahomaaviator wrote:yes, but this way I'll have all the military traffic all the time and my traffic preferences slider will basically just set the GA/Commercial traffic as desired.
Yep. That's exactly what I do.
CAFedm
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by CAFedm »

This might seem pretty obvious to post but thought it could be of some help. I did some tweaking of numerous flightplans recently, and saved time by using the search & replace function in MS Notepad. Just search for ",100%," replace it with ",1%, " then ",99%," replace that with ",1%," etc. and your entire flightplans will be corrected in a fraction of the time (check to make sure it all worked as desired before saving!).
theoklahomaaviator
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I appreciate the advice. I have the traffic files for all the USA packages and then some and it took me about 3-4 hrs to go through and do them all the old fashioned way. They work great! Now I can have 100% displayed military AI traffic with only 1% general/commercial traffic. No more hoards of Cessnas and Beechcrafts invading my restricted military airspace :wink: Just me and my fellow military comrades tearing up the skies.