The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

HI TACAN APPROACHE

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
preugene
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

HI TACAN APPROACHE

Post by preugene »

Hello all of you,

I'm a newcomer in this forum. In my f9 i have a F-18 hornet by Daniel Bourque. But in the radio panel there is no place to set a UHF frequency like "ch58" which is the TACAN frequency for the HI TACAN 29 and HI TACAN 11 at CYBG (Bagotville airport). Anyone have a solution for that.

Thanks
I'm a simmer and a virtual ATC for CZUL
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

If you have an F-18 Hornet by Dan Bourque, it's an AI only model and not meant to be flown as a user aircraft.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

FS9 does not model TACANs, only VOR's. There is some navaid scenery out that works around this by using VOR/DME to sim a TACAN station. For example, if the channel is 82X, the VOR freq would be 108.20. Not all TACANs are covered and I believe these are for the US only. You might be able to make your own and then you can fly the TACAN approaches, works just as the real ones.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
preugene
Cadet
Cadet

Post by preugene »

Thanks to both of you.
I'm a simmer and a virtual ATC for CZUL
davidbernard
Captain
Captain

Post by davidbernard »

Most of the time I replace the TACAN (DME-only) with a VOR/DME in the afcad. This way I can fly IFR approaches as in real life (sort of ;-) )

This list may be usefull: http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/tacan.htm

David