New payware: IRIS F-15C

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

New payware: IRIS F-15C

Post by MIKE JG »

Just picked this one up last night. It's got a really good VC but the external model still leaves some things to be desired. Overall it's still an improvement over the Coral F-15.

-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Couple more shots. Comes with C,D,J, and DJ variants, 21 different variations in total between model, paint and loadouts.

As you can see in the right hand side of this shot, the hud imagery still shows up in the shot even when you are not looking directly at it. :roll:

-Mike G.

btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

Mike

Looks nice. I have a few of their models, but IMHO they always seem """rushed"""

If I was them I would of done a LOW Poly AI version as well and sold that as well!
Would of had a few takers for it I bet

Barry
merlin101
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by merlin101 »

as were talking same a/c, heres couple of mine with repaint by Igorski. ai KE-3A by Elvis,
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

To anyone who has or gets this model one thing I found that helped out tremendously was a "HUD hack" that someone posted on the IRIS forums. Apparently the HUD display on their F-15 is very authentic, but also is killer on the frame rates because of its complexity. I can verify the effect on the frame rates, they're not very good with the original HUD installed.

This modification allows you to use the heads up display from the Coral F-15 if you already have it installed. I made the changes and it made a HUGE difference for my frame rates in the VC mode. :wink:

Here's the link to the HUD fix:

http://www.irissimulations.com/e107_plu ... opic.php?8
-Mike G.