Blackhawk Base

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
sean129

Blackhawk Base

Post by sean129 »

Ok now that I got the blackhawk I need to know how to do a army base like fresno im trying to do a afcad seperate like 1FAT but when i do a flight plans the airport wont come up any suggestions?
flyerkg
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Re: Blackhawk Base

Post by flyerkg »

If you have created the AFCAD for the Army Guard facility then you need to add the airport information (lat, long, elevation) in your airports file used by AI.
You can send a PM if you need more help. I think I have a good idea of what you are trying to do. I once made a separate Army AFCAD for Fresno. I don't have it anymore, but can re-do in a few minutes.

Keith
sean129

Post by sean129 »

Never mind I got it.
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

Great to hear.

I just finished re-working the Air National Guard yesterday and need to add flight plans.
I also need to finish up the Army post area.

Keith
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Any chance of you guys releasing this? I am working on my home field now and starting fresh with ADE9, slowly stepping away from the comfort of AFCAD. We use a parallel taxiway for helo traffic, mainly to stay out of the RJ's way coming from the civilian terminal.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
sean129

Post by sean129 »

Im planning on doing a West Coast Army National Guard pack with Salem,Mather,Fresno,Reno, and Bosie with Blackhawks, Nick blacks Apache, and Nick Blacks Chinook. This is inspired by the old ANG packages by Dan B with some AFCADS by him but so I made my own Mather Field and try to make as good.

But this package is still in the works so it will be available soon. :wink:
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

Victory103 wrote:Any chance of you guys releasing this? I am working on my home field now and starting fresh with ADE9, slowly stepping away from the comfort of AFCAD. We use a parallel taxiway for helo traffic, mainly to stay out of the RJ's way coming from the civilian terminal.
Dustoff,

I'm not sure when I will be ready with my KFAT. I started by just adding additional parking to a version I found on flightsim. I would need to validate the original work first. I cannot determine who the original work is from at this time. So far I reworked the F-16 parking, added the Marine Corps parking and cargo area near Airways Golf, added parking to Corporate Aircraft all in AFX. I might start fresh with ADE since you can place objects with it. I had to exclude the generic building covering most of Corporate Aircraft's tarmac. The ANG area needs serious building rework as well.

Keith
Crewchief408
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

Post by Crewchief408 »

Sean, just wondering if you finished your West Coast Army NG package??

Also, what Blackhawk model are you using? I've been looking for one that can be used for AI traffic.

Cheers,
Chris
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Most interesting, I haven't come across a suitable AI Blackhawk my self that looks and works well.
Is this a new AI-model????

Mark
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

You have two options now for the model, the JFAI Blackhawk and the Hovercontrol J. Moore model redone to add some LOD's for AI use. Do a search on here for info on the JFAI model, which you find is way out of scale compared to the flyable HC model. Although the HC model is not a true AI, it's not too bad on framerates and is to scale.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Crewchief408
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Crewchief408 »

Thanks for the info, I'll go look for them.

Dustoff.. Just curious, what medevac unit were you in and when?

Thanks,
Chris
Cheers,
Chris
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

I am currently with 2-227th AVN, 1st ACB, 1st Cav.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Crewchief408
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Crewchief408 »

Sweet, thanks for sharing that! :D

I was a UH-1 Crewchief/Mechanic for ten years. I wanted to retire but got caught up the downsizing after the first Gulf War. I still miss the Army, I loved my job and flying!

My last unit was with the 498th Medical Co., I was in 4th platoon at FT. Jackson. I also went to the Gulf with that company. The entire 498th reassembled for the Gulf, 3 platoons at FT. Benning, another platoon at FT. Stewart, and my platoon. A total of 12 Hueys and 13 Blackhawks. The whole company hadn't been together since Vietnam. I noticed the 498th has been deactivated a few years back.. sad, so much history. I still have 2 friends on active duty one is a LTC and the other a CSM.. from what they tell me, the Army has changed much since I was in.

Thanks for your service to our Country.. Hooah!!

Cheers,
Chris
Cheers,
Chris