Repaints for FAB UH-60, UH-1, etc

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
aerogator

Repaints for FAB UH-60, UH-1, etc

Post by aerogator »

I finally broke down and added these helos to my sim and they're not too bad on frame rates actually. I was wondering if anyone knows of any US repaints for these guys.

I'm not sure where they came from but I've searched Avsim and Flightsim but no joy.

Thanks in advance, :)
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: Repaints for FAB UH-60, UH-1, etc

Post by MIKE JG »

Jake do you mean the ones Rob converted from Jordan's model for the ADF packages??
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

I have them too and bought FS Repaint just to paint them. I "stole" some textures from the J. Moore Hovercontrol models. Right now I have a base USA UH-60 and a very basic USAF HH-60, starting some USN MH-60's. I just started repainting, so I have alot to learn and I am sure some of the experts on here could repaint them in an hour or so and look tons better. I'll try to get some pics up.

MIKEJG,
We had a thread on these on the old forums. I have both the ADF S-70A/S-70B models based off J. Moore's OSD kit. More LOD's, but still up in the 19-20k range on polys
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Thanks Dustoff for the info, but I'm not sure this is the same thing. The Blackhawk is a 5 - LOD model (3456 - 286).

The UH-1 is no LOD's and weighs in at 7185.

They are painted in Brazilian livery and the only info I have on who made them is in the cfg's:

[fltsim.0]
title=UH60F
sim=JFAIBLACKHAWK
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
atc_id=BLANK
atc_flight_number=BLANK01
atc_airline=FAB
atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT
atc_parking_codes=BRS
ui_manufacturer=Sikorsky Blackhawk
ui_type=FAB
ui_variation=FAB
description=AI PAINTED BY CRISTIANO MAGNANI

[fltsim.0]
title=FAB-AI UH1 8696
sim=UH-1H
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
atc_airline=BRAZILIAN AIR FORCE
atc_flight_number=8606
atc_id=FAB8696
atc_heavy=0
ui_manufacturer=FAB-AI
ui_type=UH-1H
ui_variation=Força Aérea Brasileira 8696
description=FS2004 Bell 205 - PAINTED BY CRISTIANO MAGNANI
atc_parking_codes=M004,UH1
atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT
prop_anim_ratio=2.40

I can't find a reference to FAB anywhere on Avsim or Flightsim. I find 2 refences to the painter but neither are any help.

They aren't perfect, but if I could find some US paints, they would be usable. Even with my old system, I get decent framerates with them (even the Huey).

Thanks guys. I appreciate your help. :)
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

gator,
I was directing the Hovercontrol reference to MIKEJG for his knowledge. I have the model you are talking about and will try to post some pics. Again, my very first attempt at painting might be too much detail as I tried to just use other textures on this model, it's AI, so the repaints don't need to be crazy. I found the model through these forums, so they have been hidden for some time. I had to change out the airfile for the H-60 to land. The UH-1 and AS350 could use some paints as well.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

I don't if can be of any help but, have you read this?
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... =blackhawk

Giorgio
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks, that's the original thread discussion.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

I have had a go painting a US Navy MH-60S. You can download it here :http://www.king.eclipse.co.uk/Packages/ ... %20USN.zip

I have amended the lights in the aircraft.cfg to reposition and change some of the lights. What is needed is a flashing red and green beacon that spends about 50% of it time on. This video from YouTube shows the timing required http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJo88oDvL-c if somebody knows how to edit effects files.

The model just about covers the MH-60 and HH-60 but has too many windows and doors for the SH-60, you will just have to live with it.

Could somebody post an air file & aircraft.cfg that works.
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk

aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Thank you, thank you, thank you Graham.

I think Dustoff has a working .air file. However mine seemed to land OK at KVPS (haven't had time to check elsewhere) but the approach is soooo slow it really screws up the traffic. :lol:
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Well, I didn't know the expert would get involved, but thanks alot Graham! It might be easy to have a base OD green for Army, Gunship Gray for USAF, and a Gray for USN. I have just been replacing the airfiles with others, like the Aussie S-70A AI version that was 90% complete. I have not used AirEd to dig into them yet, just triing to swap them out and see what happens.

For the lights, and I doubt an AI model can do this. The position lights in the vid are two position, flash and steady. We fly with white anti-smack during the day and red at night. Generally only the landing light (left side) is used since the search light is covered with an IR filter and used for NVG ops.

Only basic complaint, the H-60 is not a single pilot helo, so funny to see only one was modelled in the cockpit.

Thanks guys for help on this on what is a very much needed AI model in flightsim.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Outstanding as always Graham, just got to my home cpu and loaded up the repaints. These are perfect and seem easy enough to do all current USN HSC squadrons that fly the MH-60S. As you can see on various sites like airliners.net, the Navy has become more relaxed on paint schemes for CAG birds, entire airbrushed tailbooms were unheard of in my day. I have not been able to figure out the "layers" concept with FS Repaint 2. I have the correct fonts for all stencils, so that's a start.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

I have painted a couple of squadrons HSC-2 and HSC-21.

A couple of rules.

1. Do not ask for a particular squadron, I am doing these as I get time.

2. Do not ask for the Squadron Commanders special paints, I am even less likely to get to them.

3. The paints are not for publishing outside this forum, I have not contacted any body to get permission to publish any paints.

You can download 26 paints here: http://www.king.eclipse.co.uk/Packages/ ... _USN_1.zip

I have not included the pilot or prop files so you will need to copy them into every texture folder you install.

I will look at the prop files as it only shows 3 blades turning and the the aircraft has 4.
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk

Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Graham thanks again. No requests from me, I am trying to figure this out on my own and the first versions you released helped out tremendously. I've got the idea down, just need to work on the skill part of the equation.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by maddog65 »

Can Somebody share these helo files again. The orginal links to rapidshare are now set for a premium user.

Thanks
Les
Les

Post by foufure »

maddog65 wrote:Can Somebody share these helo files again. The orginal links to rapidshare are now set for a premium user.

Thanks
Les

The links as "free user" are always actives...

http://rapidshare.com/files/26406107/Pr ... I.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/88868992/FA ... 2.zip.html
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Mad dog's right. it comes up with an error when you click on "free user" and says you need to be a "premium user"
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

I get this:

Error
You want to download the following file:
http://rapidshare.com/files/88868992/FA ... ops_V2.zip | 6232 KB

Currently a lot of users are downloading files. Please try again in 2 minutes or become a Premium member

If the error you find is the same, you have to wait when the server is not so busy.

Giorgio
foufure

Post by foufure »

No problem at home... and I'm not premium user... I use Free user... I've some chance... you fall when there are too much user in the same time...
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

I have painted 2 more in the SAR scheme of NAS Whidbey Bay, Washington.

http://www.king.eclipse.co.uk/Packages/ ... _USN_2.zip

This package also includes an updated prop texture so you now get 4 blades when the engines are rotating.
Graham King

www.graham-king.me.uk

Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by 992910 »

Graham,

I flew H-60's at NAS Whidbey for 3 years. This is a very early Christmas gift. You just made my year! Thanks.

Bo