Ahmed Al Jaber

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
ejwells409
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Ahmed Al Jaber

Post by ejwells409 »

I was stationed at Al Jaber in 2001-2002 and finally decided to pick my brain and put some scenery together for that base. I haven't seen anything else anywhere for Al Jaber and not in this much detail. The scenery utilizes some default objects along with low poly aircraft models by Guy Diotte, military objects by MCDesigns and objects from the Luke AFB package. The scenery has not been released yet because the obvious question here is, can it be released utilizing objects from the MAIW Luke AFB package?

I don't have any plans to release this until I have an answer on the use of the objects. Unfortunately, I couldn't show all the shots because this site seems to think that two images of 800 pixels wide adds up to one image of over 1000 pixels wide and wouldn't allow more than one shot. . .what's up with that?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: Ahmed Al Jaber

Post by MIKE JG »

The forums are sometimes a bit weird about posting images. Just one of those odd things I guess.

You may not release this scenery utilizing objects from the MAIW Luke package. Our copywrite policy is very clear about this.

What you can do instead is to direct your users to where they can download the MAIW Luke AFB package which will give them the required libraries that you have made use of. This has become a normal practice around here for our users who wish to utilize the MAIW libraries while still complying with our copywrite policy.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
ejwells409
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ejwells409 »

MIKE JG wrote:The forums are sometimes a bit weird about posting images. Just one of those odd things I guess.
You may not release this scenery utilizing objects from the MAIW Luke package. Our copyright policy is very clear about this.
What you can do instead is to direct your users to where they can download the MAIW Luke AFB package which will give them the required libraries that you have made use of. This has become a normal practice around here for our users who wish to utilize the MAIW libraries while still complying with our copyright policy.
Ok, this may be a case of how one person interprets what another is saying, so I'll go with my interpretation.
I can't release this with the objects packaged in the release (which I never intended to do anyway), but I can release it if I tell the end user where to download the Luke AFB package?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

You can't include the actual MAIW files is what I'm saying (the scenery libraries and textures). You are more than welcome to include files however that call those library objects from those libraries as long as those files were originally obtained from a MAIW package.

I know it seems like overkill on our part but we've had several people ripping off our work lately and that's just not cool.

Also looks like you are using/designing for FSX, keep in mind that our files are not designed for use in FSX. Make sure your package users are well aware of that fact and that some objects may not look correct in FSX.

I think that you will find that most of your download'ers will already have these object libraries installed and won't even need to get the extra download.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
ejwells409
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ejwells409 »

MIKE JG wrote:You can't include the actual MAIW files is what I'm saying (the scenery libraries and textures). You are more than welcome to include files however that call those library objects from those libraries.
Correct, which is what I assumed you meant. I have a few things to tweak and then I'll release it. Thank you for the quick responses.
ejwells409
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ejwells409 »

I have done an extensive AFCAD, if anyone is interested in doing a traffic file, let me know and I'll send the package along. I have no knowledge of how to do traffic. Also, the full scenery package has been posted at SOH "Addon" section as well as flightsim.com.