Some BGL Scenery Library impossible to use...

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
foufure

Some BGL Scenery Library impossible to use...

Post by foufure »

Hello,

I've a little problem.

I've some BGL file, Scenery Library, and it's impossible to use them. So, I can't see them in EZ scenery program. The file a named "xxx_lib.bgl". It's possible that some library are protected ?

(in this case, it's ORTL_lib.bgl, from Iraqi air bases scenery, I also have this proble with Czech scenery)

Can anyone help me ?
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: Some BGL Scenery Library impossible to use...

Post by gsnde »

Not sure if this is the case here, but some libraries are locked to be used at a specific location (geo locked) and can not be used elsewhere. This is also true for some default Microsoft scenery objects.
Cheers,
Martin

Post by foufure »

Thanks for you answer.

But the library doesn't appear when I launch EZ scenery....

Is it possible to unlock these library ?
clarke123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by clarke123 »

When you start EZ there is a little button top left marked library ( I think ) click it and a box will popup with options on which library types to use tick all of them and then you might see it show up. Although it may appear on the list you could still get a message saying it can't be placed due to reasons explained above by gsnde.
veni, vidi, spurius brutus deitrum covi - I came, I saw, I tore the thick bastards limb from limb
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

If it does not appear in the list then it most likely does not contain any usable model objects. There is no strict followed standard how to name BGL files. It could very well be that this is a "placement file" containing the information where objects should be placed in the scenery.

You can use the tool NewBGLAnalyze or Jon's SDE to check what the BGL actually contains.

I take it that you have checked that all libraries are included in the view? There are four options that can be checkmarked, local and global default and addon sceneries. You need to include all.
Cheers,
Martin